Incase plus Bodyguardz

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 30, 2007
I really like the incase cover for the iPhone. But doing research it seems that it has major flaws to it, mainly being that it scratches the iPhone because of dirt and particles finding their way into the case. I was wondering if i can eliminate that factor by getting a skin such as bodyguardz to use with the incase cover. Is anybody using this setup? Will I be facing the same problems as if i used the incase without bodyguardz? Is anybody else doing the same thing? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you

fandrade2006

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
MY phone is currently wrapped around with that bodyguardz and its awesome can show it off and don't have to worry about scratching it and also i put on my clear silicon case which its also eye catchy. Only when I go to work.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
I absolutely know why you would like the rubber case for the iPhone, but the problem with the Incase one is that it not only scratches the bezel (which BTW, can be solved with a BodyGuardz), but it also stretches out like crazy. If I were you, I would still go with a skin, but I would choose the InvisibleShield because my BG is currently already falling off, and for actually drop protection, I would try the Marware Sport case. It was voted one of the best silicon cases for the iPhone. Hope that helped.

Sep 30, 2007
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with incase along with bodyguardz. I just cant seem to get myself to like the other cases, as the incase one is the cleanest and simplest. It seems that the scratching problem will be resolved by using bodyguardz, and supposedly incase has resolved the stretching problem due to a "bad batch of rubber." Hopefully it will work out. I'll let everybody know how it turns out. Thanks again

carman594

Jan 23, 2009
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with incase along with bodyguardz. I just cant seem to get myself to like the other cases, as the incase one is the cleanest and simplest. It seems that the scratching problem will be resolved by using bodyguardz, and supposedly incase has resolved the stretching problem due to a "bad batch of rubber." Hopefully it will work out. I'll let everybody know how it turns out. Thanks again
Were you able to get the Incase on OK with the bodyguardz? The reason I ask is because I currently have the Incase and I'm looking to get the bodyguardz. I know that the bodyguardz add some bulk so I was wondering it fittement was an issue.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Were you able to get the Incase on OK with the bodyguardz? The reason I ask is because I currently have the Incase and I'm looking to get the bodyguardz. I know that the bodyguardz add some bulk so I was wondering it fittement was an issue.
I tried to use the Incase with the Invisible Shield and it does not work. Considering there is minimal difference between IS and BG, I'd say it's a no go.

carman594

Jan 23, 2009
I tried to use the Incase with the Invisible Shield and it does not work. Considering there is minimal difference between IS and BG, I'd say it's a no go.
What do you currently use to protect your iPhone? Just the Incase or just the Bodyguardz?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What do you currently use to protect your iPhone? Just the Incase or just the Bodyguardz?
I had to rip my Invisible Shield off in order to do a review of the InCase. Right now, I'm using 1/2 an InCase. Somehow, I managed to lose the bottom of the case.

BodyGuardz and Invisible Shield are great to protect against scratches. The InCase slider is great to protect against scratches and in case of drops. All are very good products. The only unfortunate part is the inability to combine them for the ultimate in protection.

carman594

Jan 23, 2009
I had to rip my Invisible Shield off in order to do a review of the InCase. Right now, I'm using 1/2 an InCase. Somehow, I managed to lose the bottom of the case.

BodyGuardz and Invisible Shield are great to protect against scratches. The InCase slider is great to protect against scratches and in case of drops. All are very good products. The only unfortunate part is the inability to combine them for the ultimate in protection.
I don't have the plastic slider case I have the rubber "protective cover." What do you suggest? Just bodyguardz or just the rubber incase protective cover?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I don't have the plastic slider case I have the rubber "protective cover." What do you suggest? Just bodyguardz or just the rubber incase protective cover?
That would probably work. I haven't used the protective cover, but it's probably not a super snug fit like the Slider.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Do you know if you have to buy the bodyguardz online or can you buy them in the Apple store?
I'm not sure if the Apple Store has them. Of course, I have to mention that we do carry iPhone 3G screen protectors in the EverythingiCafe Store. If you end up going with the Zagg Invisible Shield, I think you might find coupon codes for their store here.

Good luck with your purchase.