incase rubber case buttons wearing down?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Is anyone elses buttons (on/off, and up/down volume) on their incase rubber case wearing down on the edges? It's like an eraser with the sharp edges rubbing away with use. My black case is real rubbery and is wearing down more than my friend's red one which feels more plasticky. But I like the feel of my case better, and at this rate, I might have to keep returing it to Apple every month.​

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
How long have you had yours? I heard that InCase was replacing some of their cases because they were stretching too much. Maybe your problem is related. I wonder if they changed the compound of the rubber they use?

P.S. Mine is showing no signs of wear.

iBen

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
ive had mine for about a month and i haven't had any problems yet, it gets stretched out a bit when i take it out and put it in but it goes back to the original shape really quick.

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
How long have you had yours? I heard that InCase was replacing some of their cases because they were stretching too much. Maybe your problem is related. I wonder if they changed the compound of the rubber they use?

P.S. Mine is showing no signs of wear.
I've had mine for about a month and a half. It's not strectching, but I don't really take it off and on either. No scratches on my chrome bezel either. My friend's red one is definitely a different compound, but my black one is much more tacky feeling which is exactly the main reason I got the InCase. My friend's red one also doesn't seem to fit as well - all the buttons, camera, earphone jack all line up absolutely perfectly on my black one.

stewsan

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Dang, I've had my black one for 3 weeks and it's too stretched out to use, bummer. I did get a return number from incase to get an exchange and hope they changed the compound. I really like the case. Mine didn't scratch the bezel and I live on the beach and frequent it so it might be the actual case that is doing the scratching on some users.