Incase rubber skin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

goingfer8

Oct 18, 2007
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forums and was thinking about getting the incase rubber skin for the iPhone, now before you start flaming me, I am aware of the stretching issue and I hear that it was fixed with the newer skins. Can anyone confirm this who has bought one of these recently?

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Have had mine for quite some time, probably about 3 1/2 months, and it's still working out fine. It has streched out a little, but still fits fine. It's a little hard to get out of you pocket though because it's so grippy(which is great most of the time). Lookin' into getting a Seidio or Agent18 just due to how slim they are, but overall I like the Incase. iPhone is snug as a bug in a rug!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i just requested a warranty exchange from incase since the skin i bought on iDay was stretching out a fair amount with only periodic use (only on the weekends). the new one should be here anyday, and i can post back on how it works out...

goingfer8

Oct 18, 2007
Is the incase not a slim case? Right now i have the speck but it is way too bulky and way too grippy......i hear that the incase was a little harder and more lint resistant and not quite as grippy, is all this wrong?

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
It is pretty grippy, never seen a Speck case. It's hard to get outta your pocket if sitting down, more so in a car. It isn't too bulky, but not as slim as a Seidio for sure. Maybe 2.5mm or so thick on the back, you definitely notice the thickness, but I wouldn't consider it "bulky" I guess. I feel my phone is VERY safe in this case as far as dropping goes. I use mine with a Crystal screen protector. I think if your looking for drop protection, this may be your case, but if you just want decent protection and a very slim fit check out Seidio or Agent18, both are getting very good reviews.