Incase Slider Case available

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
The Incase Slider case was just released today. I got my order in. How about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Incase Slider Case

This case jsut became available today in black matte and glossy white. Been waiting for this one

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Lol, mind gracing me with a link and pic? Good thing I still have the receipt for my Incase...

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
Slider

Just ordered mine, I wonder why they were so late to the party with the 3g slider?

I'm guessing they lost millions in sales for not getting this to the Apple store within the first few days.

I don't know how many sites and forums i have been on, and every body is comparing their case to the sliders quality.

Glad that its comming though.

I went blackish grey. I did not want to make my 16gb black 3g wonder why mommy and daddy did not like the color of its child.

;)

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
slider

I demand that he re-posts it for a 3rd time!

Sliders rejoyce!

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I like it, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't cover the volume buttons like my Incase.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I like it, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't cover the volume buttons like my Incase.
Which incase do you have? I'm getting impatient waiting for the Apple stores to get the Revo2.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Good case, good protection, but I might switch.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
can't you just order the revo2 from iskin? its been out for a couple weeks
Yes, I am aware it's been available for a couple weeks and I know I can order one. However, the website still says it ships in 3-5 businesss days. There are members that have reported that it actually took much longer than that. My hesitation to order at this point is I don't want to pay shippping charge for something that I am not completely convinced I am going to love, and then have to pay return shipping if I'm not completely satisfied. I've been waiting for the Apple stores in my area to get them in so I can test drive one. Also I've waited so long now I'm thinking it will be my luck that once I order online Apple will receive their inventory before mine even gets delivered. Not in a nutshell, but that's why. ;)

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Good idea. Apple's 14 day return policy is golden, and you won't be locked into some stupid shipping fees just to return a potentially crappy case.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
This case jsut became available today in black matte and glossy white. Been waiting for this one
FINALLY! I also have been waiting for this case! Time to go to the Apple Store tomorrow! I wonder if they're in the Apple Stores yet?

UPDATE: Ordered tonight. I will post pics and a mini-review once I receive this case.

thomasanderson

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yes, I am aware it's been available for a couple weeks and I know I can order one. However, the website still says it ships in 3-5 businesss days. There are members that have reported that it actually took much longer than that. My hesitation to order at this point is I don't want to pay shippping charge for something that I am not completely convinced I am going to love, and then have to pay return shipping if I'm not completely satisfied. I've been waiting for the Apple stores in my area to get them in so I can test drive one. Also I've waited so long now I'm thinking it will be my luck that once I order online Apple will receive their inventory before mine even gets delivered. Not in a nutshell, but that's why. ;)
You are certainly correct about that. I received my revo 2 a few days ago. I don't like the fact that the rubber on the headphone port doesn't sit flush with the case making it impossible to use the revo clip effectively. I emailed them several times in several days for an exchange or refund, and I still haven't heard back from them. Guess I should have expected this type of customer service when I didn't even receive a purchase confirmation email(atleast I got a shipping status email).

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
Incase Slider for 3G!

Now available in Black matte and White gloss. Look for additional colorways to come in the future.
$34.95

Our most popular case for the first generation iPhone is now available for iPhone 3G. For the finest in sleek, durable protection, the Slider Case for iPhone 3G is made of hardshell plastic and features a minimal wall thickness of 1mm. Interior rubber guardrails provide shock absorption in addition to impact and scratch protection.

Features

Durable iPhone 3G protection
Lightweight hardshell plastic construction
Direct access to widescreen
Easy access to all controls and device features
Allows charging while in case or bottom cover slides away for docking
Available in matte and gloss finishes
Now available in Black matte and White gloss. Look for additional colorways to come in the future.
Incase just released their infamous slider case for the 3G iPhone yesterday August 12th, i ordered mine 10 min ago it actually came out to $44.55 with tax and shipping... right now its only available in White Gloss and Black Matte but they say they are planing to release more colors... ill have a full review with picture as soon as i get it in the mail but i know there are some people who had this case for the v1 and have been waiting for it to be available for the 3g like me...FINALLY i can get rid of the P.O.S. Griffin Elan!

Incase Slider 3G

sorry to the mods for posting this in the wrong section i get a bit over zealous...if you can merge this with the other topic in the right section that would be cool...i apologize again

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I think I'm going to get this case - I loved the one for my V1 iPhone and the Griffin Nu Form I've been using has been crap (and I think it's scratched my 3G). I will wait for more colors to see what they look like, otherwise it's matte black for me.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
I think I'm going to get this case - I loved the one for my V1 iPhone and the Griffin Nu Form I've been using has been crap (and I think it's scratched my 3G). I will wait for more colors to see what they look like, otherwise it's matte black for me.
the Elan from griffen def. scratched my phone im gunna post pictures as soon as i find the usb cord for my camera

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
You are certainly correct about that. I received my revo 2 a few days ago. I don't like the fact that the rubber on the headphone port doesn't sit flush with the case making it impossible to use the revo clip effectively. I emailed them several times in several days for an exchange or refund, and I still haven't heard back from them. Guess I should have expected this type of customer service when I didn't even receive a purchase confirmation email(atleast I got a shipping status email).
Well thanks for your input. I've been cautious about ordering that case although I absolutely love the original Revo. I was more concerned about the shipping turnaround. They really seem overwhelmed at iSkin with the production and distribution of the case. I can't imagine why they can't guarantee a shipping date shorter than 3-5 days.
I'll continue to wait and probably get the Incase Slider in the meantime. Thanks again!

suasex

Bronze
Jul 27, 2008
looks pretty slick, is this available at the Apple store or online only?