incase slider case for 3G.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
does anyone know the cheapest place to get the incase slider? also what screen protector to choose the anti glare or the crystal clear? is there any significant disadvantages to the slider case?

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
price is going to be the same at $34.95 probably. Unless you find it online?

Greenbox

Jun 30, 2007
does anyone know the cheapest place to get the incase slider? also what screen protector to choose the anti glare or the crystal clear? is there any significant disadvantages to the slider case?
Online is your best bet. eBay would be one, but probably a minor difference.

Screen protector is personal preference, I haven't use either one so I can't say anything about them.

For disadvantages, well getting the case off, but it applies to most people, what I do is stretch the side of the case where the bezel is covered to the right and it gets out easily.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I can comment on the anti-glare vs. crystal. It really is a personal preference. My sister and dad have the anti-glare. It does not show fingerprints smudges, but it has a slight "glazed" look to it. The colors are not as sharp.

I have the crystal. The colors definitely "pop" more with the crystal, but it becomes a mess. It shows every little smudge and fingerprint and when I wear makeup, it always ends up on the phone, especially on hot days. I carry around my cleaning cloth in my purse with me for this purpose.

All that being said, I like the crystal. I like how clear it is. But it really is up to you. My dad and sister have both said that they'll take the glazed look over the fingerprints.

MileHighRob has the incase slider and he absolutely loves it. As do many people who have it here. I'm tempted to look at it, but I have the Contour Flick and an Agent 18 skin. I'm thinking that 3 cases for one phone might be a little excessive ;)

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I can comment on the anti-glare vs. crystal. It really is a personal preference. My sister and dad have the anti-glare. It does not show fingerprints smudges, but it has a slight "glazed" look to it. The colors are not as sharp.

I have the crystal. The colors definitely "pop" more with the crystal, but it becomes a mess. It shows every little smudge and fingerprint and when I wear makeup, it always ends up on the phone, especially on hot days. I carry around my cleaning cloth in my purse with me for this purpose.

All that being said, I like the crystal. I like how clear it is. But it really is up to you. My dad and sister have both said that they'll take the glazed look over the fingerprints.

MileHighRob has the incase slider and he absolutely loves it. As do many people who have it here. I'm tempted to look at it, but I have the Contour Flick and an Agent 18 skin. I'm thinking that 3 cases for one phone might be a little excessive ;)
Nahhh... you think?
/ j/k

Regarding the screen protectors:
I've been using my v1 phone lately as a stop watch to time my backups and I've noticed how much more I like the look of the 3G. After ready FlwrPwer's comments about the difference in the two films I now remember my original phone actually has the anti-glare film on it.

All this time I've been thinking it was simply the difference in the display between the two phone versions. The crystal film is definitely much clearer and, yes, everything does seem to pop. The finger prints are a nightmare but they're really a small price to pay for the clarity the film provides.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
:p if you could hear me right now it would sound something like:

pfffftttttttbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

:laugh2:
hahaha Actually I can't talk about excessive iPhone accessory purchases. Generally if I want it, I can find a way to justify it in my own mind to make the transaction less painful.

Although this time around I was really trying to be more frugal with case purchases. For this reason I was dead set on waiting for the revo2 case because I thought that was really the one I wanted. I'm glad iSkins didn't have their $hit together with the production of the new case because it forced me to go out and seek alternatives. However, had I purchased that ugly silicon case and later discovered the slider I would have more than one in my possession right now too.

sim

Aug 19, 2008
Rochester, MN
I just picked up the slider for my 3g and the anti glare screen protectors at an Apple store yesterday. I am loving both. The slider for how slim and slightly grippy it is. The anti glare for how it doesn't show finger prints. The finger prints with the crystal protector were driving me CRAZY!

I am diggin the overall stealth look.

Steve

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I love mine as much today as I did the day I bought it, if not slightly more. hehe

Seriously though it is, hands down, the best case I've ever purchased.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I love mine as much today as I did the day I bought it, if not slightly more. hehe

Seriously though it is, hands down, the best case I've ever purchased.
You're making me want to buy it....this is so not fair. :p

Want to buy it for me? ;)

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
ok im officialy hating the mail man because my damn case is two days late... i think i would like the anti-glare screens for the "stealth" look but one of the main reasons i like my 3g is the crazy brightness and clarity of my screen.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
ok im officialy hating the mail man because my damn case is two days late... i think i would like the anti-glare screens for the "stealth" look but one of the main reasons i like my 3g is the crazy brightness and clarity of my screen.
Well you'll definitely lose the brightness and clarity with the anti-glare screen protectors. I compared my v1 (anti-glare) with my 3G (crystal) and the difference is amazing.

Lauting

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
London, England
Thought i would give the anti-glare screen protector a try and what a bad move....it gave me a headache looking at it as it does distort the clarity of the screen.

So went back to the trusted clear film, so that i could admire the beauty of the iPhone screen.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
well i finally got my slider case! this is an awesome case so far. i was thinking that it would look cheap and not fit like all the cheap cases i have seen but everything is perfect. it also gives a great look to your phone and everything is funtional. i would recommend this case to anyone that wants a hard case without the bulk.

Lauting

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
London, England
well i finally got my slider case! this is an awesome case so far. i was thinking that it would look cheap and not fit like all the cheap cases i have seen but everything is perfect. it also gives a great look to your phone and everything is funtional. i would recommend this case to anyone that wants a hard case without the bulk.
Which colour did you get?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Is it easy to remove the iPhone out of the case?
It slides in and out of the case rather easily however you couldn't just remove the bottom section and shake the phone out either. It's a nice snug fit but doesn't require a lot of tugging on the phone to remove it. I remove mine daily whenever I charge to minimize heat build up. No scratches on my bezel yet either.