Incase Slider Case for iPhone

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Just saw more information on this case on their website:
"Slider Case
Available for iPhone and iPod touch, the Slider Case offers internal rubber guardrails for optimum impact and scratch-resistance and external cutouts for all control features (headphone jack, hold switch, dock connector, camera lens, speaker and microphone openings). The case’s bottom portion slides away to accommodate charging in dock. Choose between the black or white high gloss finish, offering a unique UV coating for added scratch-resistance and longstanding luster.
SRP: $34.95

Availability
The Slider Case for iPhone and iPod touch will be available in North America at Apple retails stores, online at the Apple Store® and goincase.com in February 2008."

http://goincase.com/blog/2008/01/23/incase-launches-its-first-hard-case-solutions/
Thoughts?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i saw this announcement over at ilounge from their macworld expo coverage too - looks pretty nice. i'd been thinking about trying out a hard case and have been looking at the agent 18 and switcheasy ones, but i think i'll go for the incase one when it's available. may have to see if they're doing pre-orders...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It seems like the case adds a bit of bulkiness (a bit more than the other cases) to the iPhone. If it offers great protection then I'd say it's worth it.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
does this case have a screen protective cover built-in the case or do you have to buy separate film?

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Just saw more information on this case on their website:
"Slider Case
Available for iPhone and iPod touch, the Slider Case offers internal rubber guardrails for optimum impact and scratch-resistance and external cutouts for all control features (headphone jack, hold switch, dock connector, camera lens, speaker and microphone openings). The case’s bottom portion slides away to accommodate charging in dock. Choose between the black or white high gloss finish, offering a unique UV coating for added scratch-resistance and longstanding luster.
SRP: $34.95

Availability
The Slider Case for iPhone and iPod touch will be available in North America at Apple retails stores, online at the Apple Store® and goincase.com in February 2008."

http://goincase.com/blog/2008/01/23/incase-launches-its-first-hard-case-solutions/
Thoughts?

Nice!

Looks like a great case, and what an ingenius idea to allow charging with the iPhone dock instead of having to use the universal dock, such as with Agent 18's case.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Looks like it's about the same thickness as their rubber case is. I used one of the rubber ones for awhile and it wasn't too bad, but it did add a noticeable amount of bulk to the phone.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yah I had the rubber incase too and while if was a nicely designed case the iPhone is just so much sleeker w/o it.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Do you have to remove a piece to dock it? I'd lose that piece the first day... Agent18 and Capsule for me!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
these became available for order on incase's site just recently, and i ordered a black one yesterday - looking forward to getting it in the next few days...

Yogaesq

Feb 11, 2008
will do - definitely plan to review it! :)
I'd be interested how it compares to the Seidio -- it looks like it has all the same features. Also the Seidio has the option of a holster, which I prefer -- if this case is nicer than the Seidio, I hope Incase decides to come out with a holster as well. I look forward to your review!

Oct 9, 2007
Just Got it

I just received the new slider case. I ordered the black one. Previously I was using the incase rubber case so I was already used to the added bulk of the case but I hated how it stuck to my pocket when pulling it out. This case has my iPhone feeling almost like a naked iPhone. The internal rubber rails seem like it will prevent the case from scratching the phone as well; however they don't seem like they will add too much shock protection. Also there is no rubber in the corners so all you have for protection in the corners is the plastic. This makes me slightly nervous due to the fact that the last time I had a naked iPhone was when I dropped it and shattered the screen. THe only other complaint that I have is that the gloss black, which looks so nice in the pictures, seems like it will be fingerprint city. This doesn't bother me since I have given up on finger prints a long time ago.

Enough with the negatives. This case fits so tightly and doesn't creak at at all. Also it completely covers the chrome bezel leaving it looking more like a ipod than an iPhone. This I like......a lot. The slide part of it seems to fit tight and I don't see this ever falling off. Sadly I wont ever use this feature as I never use my dock. Overall I am really happy with the case and I have happily put the rubber case away. Sorry i don't have the ability to post pictures. I give this case an A so far, and I will update as I use it more.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
So would you say it adds the same amount of bulk as the rubber incase? Thanks.

Posted fr. iPhone.

Oct 9, 2007
So would you say it adds the same amount of bulk as the rubber incase? Thanks.

Posted fr. iPhone.
It probably close. If anything the same or a little less. The key is that it feels like a little less because it isn't always sticking to my pocket.