Incase Slider case pictures and review

phiberglass

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
So I just got my new iPhone, the old one was acting up and not restoring, and was looking for a case to keep this new one protected. I saw that Incase just came out with this slider case so I decided to pick it up and check it out. Just got back from the Apple Store and snapped some pictures. Sorry they're a little dark, I may take some with the 50mm and post those up later, which will be much sharper and lighter.

First thing, this case has a great glossy finish and feels pretty solid. When putting it on the iPhone it is a really tight squeeze and takes some force to push the iPhone into the top part of the case. I'm not sure if it is like this with the Agent 18 slider case. I've never owned the incase rubber case, but have handled many with it on.

This case is pretty much the same bulkiness as the rubber protection shield from incase, may be a little bigger, but not by much. I will be checking out my friends tomorrow to compare. Like this case there is no rubber on the exterior so it does not stick to your pocket. Incase claims rubber protection in all the corners. I figured there would be little rubber pockets inside the case on each of the corners. There is in fact no rubber in the physical features. I am guessing they have it built between the inside and outside plastic. The bottom sliding piece is very sturdy and will in no way just slide off. You also need some force to pull that off, but not as much as putting the iPhone in the initial case.

There is an opening for the bottom connecter, Vibrate button, Volume buttons, Headphone jack, and Power/Standby button. Features an incase logo about 1/4 down from the top of the case on the back. I have the white case, but have heard people with the black case have problems with fingerprints showing up, but this is not the case with this color.

Let me know if you guys would like anymore information.

Hope this helps,
Phiberglass
www.austingrade.com

Clyde099

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
beautiful!

i can't wait for mine to get here.

mofovo

Jul 8, 2007
Would you happen to have pictures of this case vs. Agent18's EcoShield?

I have an EcoShield and I want to get this Incase now. I just wanna see the thickness comparison. Thanks!

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
Does this case have a protective screen cover like the ArtWizz Seejacket case for the iPhone? If so how is the touchscreen access?

Last edited by a moderator:

phiberglass

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It does not have a protective cover. If you'd like one I would recommend getting an invis shield and then putting this case on.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
It's a very nice looking case, love the glossy look, very "Mac" like.

But doesn't this actually make it even more apt to slipping out of your hand?

Hissta

Feb 4, 2008
I really want this case, I just cannot decide between the black or white. Ahhhhhhhh!

Any pics of the black would be awesome.

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
since the case is so glossy does it attract a lot of fingerprints?

phiberglass

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It does get a lot of fingerprints but because it is white you can barely see them

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Wow that case is sexy as hell. I like how its kind of got sharper edges to it opposed to the rounded sides of the a18. Im done using cases at the moment but i may have to pick one of these up if i ever use them again. Nice pictures too, thanks

And how much was it? 30? Does the Apple stores sell them?

phiberglass

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Wow that case is sexy as hell. I like how its kind of got sharper edges to it opposed to the rounded sides of the a18. Im done using cases at the moment but i may have to pick one of these up if i ever use them again. Nice pictures too, thanks

And how much was it? 30? Does the Apple stores sell them?

It was about $35. I picked mine up at the Apple store and there were only a few left, it looks like they're selling pretty fast. Every Apple store should have them and if not Target may too.

poopoobud

Oct 19, 2007
Hi phiberglass and all, I am new in this forum from singapore. nice case you have there.. looks really cool, hope i can have it.. you have pm from me too..

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
no universal dock adapter? bummer.

still, if they ever make a clear one, i'm down.

homer0201

Dec 17, 2007
does the power support film fit with this case on the iPhone?

homer0201

Dec 17, 2007
I'm unsure about what your asking.
well i was just wondering if you could still put the power support film to protect the glass with this case... it looks as though there wouldn't be any problem in doing that but just wanted a first hand perspective

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
does this case have a holster. also if you happened to drop it wouldn't it just shatter? from the pics it looks like glassy plastic. i mean its not ruberized like the innocase is.