Incase Slider Questions

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
So I'm considering the Incase Slider 3G/3GS. But I have a couple questions.
1. What and Where is the cheapest price for it?
2. Is the Sleep/Wake easy to press?
3. Will it scratch the back of iPhone?

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
1. not sure try ebay or amazon
2. yes the sleep awake is easy to get to the cutouts are perfect.
3. Mine is still flawless although there are several people that have had this issue.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
So I'm considering the Incase Slider 3G/3GS. But I have a couple questions.
1. What and Where is the cheapest price for it?
2. Is the Sleep/Wake easy to press?
3. Will it scratch the back of iPhone?
Some months ago, I subscribed to a YouTuber who does reviews of items for mainly Apple products like cases, skins, stands, etc. You can find him at his site - "itsmemorphious" or by searching for his moniker on YouTube.

I remember a review he did a few months back describing the Incase and the stuff to look for. For example, he mentioned that some cases, made to work like the Incase, might have "pieces of flash", the tiny rough pieces left after the molding process. He uses a small, sharp knife to trim away any places that could have a chance of scratching the phone. His reviews can be 15 - 30 minutes long and pretty thorough. Check him out ...

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Whenever you have a case on the phone, I recommend to take it out every week or so and give it a cleaning, both the case and the phone.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
Whenever you have a case on the phone, I recommend to take it out every week or so and give it a cleaning, both the case and the phone.
yup i think thats the biggest problem with the slider is people go weeks without cleaning and dust etc builds up inside and the slightest movement will scratch that black paint. Its like rubbing your hand on a dusty black paintjob on a car just little bitty swirls appear.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
My Slider case did not scratch the back of my point but it certainly did a number on the bezel despite frequent removal and cleaning of both the case and phone.

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
Yeah, i'm gonna baby this thing like crazy!
and will just wiping it with a microfiber work? And will lens cleaner work? lastly, where could i find some iKleen?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Just use a microfiber cloth for the lens with a few drops of filtered water; lens cleaner is not necessary and probably not a good idea either.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I've said this before, both Incase Sliders I had scratched my iPhone. It did when I had one on the original iPhone and it did when I had it on my iPhone 3G. I took the phone out of the case every few days to clean it, but I think (honestly) it was the frequency of me taking the case out that did the number. It really messed up my chrome bezel too. Looked like sh!t.

I since have gotten my iPhone 3G replaced and have used the Speck CandyShell. Not a damn scratch on it...

bubbatex

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Austin, TX
My Slider case did not scratch the back of my point but it certainly did a number on the bezel despite frequent removal and cleaning of both the case and phone.
Mine too - back, no problem, but the bottom bezel has some micro-scratches. I really don't see how just about any bezel covering case could not scratch the bezel if you get dirt caught under the lip. I am trying a Reveal right now.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
Mine too - back, no problem, but the bottom bezel has some micro-scratches. I really don't see how just about any bezel covering case could not scratch the bezel if you get dirt caught under the lip. I am trying a Reveal right now.
thats kinda what im thinking i might just go to a back cover only not sure.