Incase slider wont come off HELP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Branman

Bronze
Sep 16, 2008
I just purchased the incase slider for my new iPhone 3g. I put it on right when i got home from work. The case looks awesome by the way. I was going to check if there were any scratches but now i cant get the case off. I can pull the bottom of but you cant get a grip to get the case off. Any ideas on what i should try. Thanks Brandon

Branman

Bronze
Sep 16, 2008
Ok i just kept pulling and it finally gave way. Im guessing since its new the plastic hasn't relaxed at all.

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
supposedly there was a bad batch made with those cases. i would take it back and exchange it. It should not be that hard to get it out.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
mine was a little difficult but I pused it from the top where the headphone jack is and got it to slide down a little bit so I could get ahold of the phone. Congrats on the new case.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I bought one on Sept 6th from the Apple Store and it was hard to get off. I tried and tried and finally it came off, but I have 14 days to return so i guess I'm outta luck. They may not take it back now as an exchange because its been past 14 days. I think I'll give them a call. I do like the case it is very nice, but i figured if they have it fitting that tight, I will not bother putting it on all the time. I change my cases often.

Octave8

Oct 21, 2008
I had this happen to me while I was trying out this case at my local Apple Store. It took quite a bit of effort and 4 helpers to remove it. I did like the look, but I did not want the case after all that trouble.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I find it easier to take off if you grab it with your thumb on the screen and your other fingers on the back while holding it horizontally and you sliding it to the right (down if you're holding vertically)...if that makes any sense at all

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
^^^
It didn't ruin mine. I really like this case and it does fit tight but I don't worry about it breaking anything when I remove it.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
yeah I think im one of the ones that got one from the bad batch of super tight cases. my old incase slider wasn't as tight on my v1 iPhone. Does anyone know if I try to put my anti glare film while the case is on so it doesn't screw it up when I do put it on? will that work?

claygreenberg

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
Here's how to remove the case:

Remove the bottom (shouldn't be too hard to get this part off), then connect a pair of headphones to the jack. Press down on the phone using the headphone plug. It will work pretty easily.

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
but pushing down on the internals of the headphone jack would probably damage the inside of the phone. The case should never be so tight that it would need major force to remove the case.

rew001

Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
Both my GF and I have one of these. We also both had invis-shield installed on all surfaces of our phones. I took this off the back of mine before installing the slider, and it was tight. She, on the other hand, did not. And now she can't get the case off. Not to mention it was very difficult to get it on with that shield on the back. We're going to take it to Apple later to see if they'll help her get it off. Anyway, if you've got invis-shield installed on the back of your phone, I'd highly suggest you remove it before you put one of these on your phone.

*Edit*
I had to bend/break her silver slider off her phone. No damage to the phone, but the case is destroyed. We're going to the galleria today, I'm guessing, with rew001's wallet....... :p

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
my case won't freaking come off.
mine wont by hand either, take a sharpie or other small round pen and use a towel to cover the top insert it into the heaphone jack area and push until it budges just a bit then you should be able to pull it out. Not the best way but its about the only way i can come up with without hurting the phone.

Jul 22, 2009
Alaska
mine wont by hand either, take a sharpie or other small round pen and use a towel to cover the top insert it into the heaphone jack area and push until it budges just a bit then you should be able to pull it out. Not the best way but its about the only way i can come up with without hurting the phone.
Yeah it worked! Finaaaallly, Thank you for that!