INCASE Stretching Problems-Resolved

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
For those of you who bought the protective shield from Incase and it has stretched out...go to www.goincase.com and at the bottom they have a warranty link...fill out a claim and within 24 hours they will send you an RA number. They will replace your case free of charge.

I spoke with Incase customer service today and they actually want to get the stretched/faulty cases back so they can find out whats wrong. He was very cool about it and these guys stand behind their products.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I have one too. My question is what will they do to my iPhone when it gets scratched? Right now I'm pretty happy with it because I don't have any marks on my phone. But I'm always getting worried though.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Mine is stretched from taking the iPhone out many times and putting into different cases. So you are saying the stretching is a flaw and they will send you a new one?

Last edited by a moderator:

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Mine is stretched from taking the iPhone out many times and putting into different cases. So you are saying the stretching is a flaw and they will send you a new one?
Yes. He said some cases are doing that. They do recommend not taking it in and out but he said the stretching was a flaw and they wanted them back so they could find the problems.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
I looked at their warranty instructions and you need to send back in original packaging. I threw that away. Do you think they'll still take it back?

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
A nitpick... technically the stretching isn't "resolved". They're allowing a replacement if you're experiencing a problem. But it's not clear that anything has been fixed. Right now it sounds like they are still gathering data.

There's no evidence to believe that a replacement Protective Cover won't stretch too.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
A nitpick... technically the stretching isn't "resolved". They're allowing a replacement if you're experiencing a problem. But it's not clear that anything has been fixed. Right now it sounds like they are still gathering data.

There's no evidence to believe that a replacement Protective Cover won't stretch too.
True, but if they wan to keep sending me free new cases until they do resolve it....I can live with that.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Thanks for the info, I just filled it out. My case was fine until today when I took it off, now the bottom part is stretched and the metal is a bit exposed.

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
For those of you who bought the protective shield from Incase and it has stretched out...go to www.goincase.com and at the bottom they have a warranty link...fill out a claim and within 24 hours they will send you an RA number. They will replace your case free of charge.

I spoke with Incase customer service today and they actually want to get the stretched/faulty cases back so they can find out whats wrong. He was very cool about it and these guys stand behind their products.
Nice. I hope they take it back without the original box. Now if they can just get the rubber chemistry right so the elastisity will hold. I look for to see how they handle these issues.

Anyone from Incase out their?

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Nice. I hope they take it back without the original box. Now if they can just get the rubber chemistry right so the elastisity will hold. I look for to see how they handle these issues.

Anyone from Incase out their?
My case finally stretched out so I filled out the warranty claim link on their site. Today I got an RA # and message saying they will credit me back or replace it - which is great. I also don't have the original box, but I don't think that should be a problem.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Well I uploaded my receipt and filled out the warranty form but when I hit the send form button, all I get is an error page on Safari and request to report the bug to Apple. Maybe Incase took down the warranty form?

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Well I uploaded my receipt and filled out the warranty form but when I hit the send form button, all I get is an error page on Safari and request to report the bug to Apple. Maybe Incase took down the warranty form?
try using firefox