incase vs. seidio

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Love the slider feature and it looks like these two brands are top of the pack. I read the seidio thread and saw some of the pics of that one...the benefit (I assume) is that it comes w/ a holster?

What side do you guys take in this debate?

Jun 26, 2007
It doesn't come with a holster, the holster costs an extra 10-15 bucks.
As for the debate, I'd also like to see what people say.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Does the Incase have a felt liner? That's a feature that I really like about the Seidio.

Jun 26, 2007
I think it has two rubber strips to prevent the phone from lying directly against the case.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The incase has slightly raised rubber rails built in. They hold the phone in place and help prevent damage from impact.
The Seidio is actually slightly thinner than the incase, but the difference is negligible.
Personally, I prefer the Incase because of the colors and the fact that when I had it on my V1, the phone took 2 waist high spills, and on the second spill, the case corner cracked, but the phone was perfect both times.
The only downside to the Incase is that if you have any dirt on the rails, it can cause scratches on the back of your phone when taking it off or putting it on, but the same can be said of the felt in the seidio too, and there is a lot more felt in there.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Good info, Hawk. Felt sounds like a better protector than rails...but the incase also seems to be smoother and just a touch more form-fitting on the outside.

How do both of them hold up scratch- and scrape-wise?

And are both the matte finish?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I have an older Seidio case on my V1 currently, but it's held up pretty well. It's not a slider, though, so a direct comparison isn't really fair.

One word of warning, though: only problem I've had that would translate to the Innocase II would be suntan lotion rubbing off the rubberized coating. I have a feeling this is something you should be concerned about with either brand, however.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I have an incase slider that has a smooth touch finish. I wouldn't call it matte, but I guess the best way to describe it would be maybe a silicone feel to it. It holds up great to scratches and scrapes and even though there are some on it the color hides it and makes it look like new all the time. I have dropped my phone in this case and it has saved me from a broken phone case and screen. Here is the one I have: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59068/3

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered the matte black Incase Slider yesterday from the Apple store. At first I was considering the iSkin Solo, but after reading the reviews I went with the Incase Slider.
Also, the OP may wish to view Youtube video reviews on the Incase Slider.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
iphun, I like that one. I'd go black or gunmetal for sure.

So far incase has a slight advantage in my mind...I hope I can get more feedback from you all!

I read in my comment in the other thread that the screen protector is difficult to put on. Does that mean it comes with one or you tried to put it on after the case? I would put the screen protector on before I put the case on...right?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Actually I would do just what JWiPhone suggested and look on youtube. That's where I did most of my research.

Yes I put the screen protector before you put the case on but with my old one I might try to see if you can put the case on first.

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Actually, I just received my InCase slider, and my new screen protectors yesterday.

I put my screen protector on before I put my case on. I noticed today that when the case is on, I get some bubbles at the bottom corner of my screen protector. It doesn't reach the screen however, but I'm hoping the bubbles will subside after a few days. When I take my case off, the bubbles are not there, so the case presses the screen protector, causing the bubbles.

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Nope, it has two parts, you'll slide the phone into the top part first, then the bottom part slides on, right about the home button level. I love the case though, I would highly recommend it. The new Griffin cases look nice also, but I've been eyeing the inCase for a while, so I went with that.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Oh OK, it slides in...so the screen protector actually shouldn't be an issue then...I'd say put the protector on and let it stay on for 48 hours or so before putting the case on...make sure it is dry.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The problem with the bubbles in the screen protector is that the portion of the case that covers the bezel do touch the screen protector. It is a very finite fit. It's actually easier to put the case on and then put the screen protector on to get the perfect fit- But it has to be perfectly placed.

personally, when I was using the DLO anti glare static screen protectors (which are exactly the size of the glass) I couldn't get a perfect fit. I mean I got the screen protector on perfectly, but always had problems when I added the case. I ended up using a razor blade and slowly started shaving the areas of the case where the bubbles appeared. Haven't had a problem since, but now I stick with the Crystal Support Anti-glare screen protectors, which are slightly smaller than the glass, so that helps too. ( I also believe that the Crystal Support ones are thicker and can stand 3X's the abuse that the DLO ones can.)

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Actually, I just received my InCase slider, and my new screen protectors yesterday.

I put my screen protector on before I put my case on. I noticed today that when the case is on, I get some bubbles at the bottom corner of my screen protector. It doesn't reach the screen however, but I'm hoping the bubbles will subside after a few days. When I take my case off, the bubbles are not there, so the case presses the screen protector, causing the bubbles.
That is the same bubble situation I had where in the bottom right corner it is barely noticeable, and it doesn't bother me. I still like my incase and screen protector combination. I will try to put the case on first then the screen protector next time.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Hawk, can you link me to the protectors you are talking about?