Incipio Atlas iPhone 5

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I just got done trying to use the GPS turn by turn with the new case and its awful. Unless its completely quiet- and my work truck is NOT- you can barely hear the voice.
I have a question- do companies not beta test these things before putting them out on the market? Any tester worth their salt would have sent this back to the drawing board. Volume awful, touch sensitivity awful. I just don't get it. Especially considering how long it took them to hit the market.
Can anyone explain this to me ? Seriously. Not to be a jerk. I'm actually curious. I want to like it so bad....

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I just got done trying to use the GPS turn by turn with the new case and its awful. Unless its completely quiet- and my work truck is NOT- you can barely hear the voice.
I have a question- do companies not beta test these things before putting them out on the market? Any tester worth their salt would have sent this back to the drawing board. Volume awful, touch sensitivity awful. I just don't get it. Especially considering how long it took them to hit the market.
Can anyone explain this to me ? Seriously. Not to be a jerk. I'm actually curious. I want to like it so bad....

Sent using iCafe app
When I use GPS turn by turn on Google Maps, I always have my bluetooth headset on, so it's not an issue.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I don't ever use much of my speakers either
music is headphones only
and GPS is going through my car speakers
I use the tape adapter in my Jeep Wrangler (loud) and have no issues
m4KYJLA_2iYagJhrMj8NLXQ.jpg

I still have to test the case but I had to send it back (since mine was faulty)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008

Sent using iCafe app
You must have got a dud case, cause the touch sensitivity on my case is flawless its like there's no screen at all. The sound is bit low, but not that bad I put the decibel range prob about the same as the LifeProof Frē case.

If you're having trouble with the speakerphone try turning the noise cancellation mic on the back off by going to: settings>general>accessibility>hearing aids and switching it to on. It shuts the back mic off which causes interference in hearing aids. Might work with the sound issues. Haven't tested it out yet but will soon.

Oh and if you've had the case in water it muffles the speaker ports as well I've noticed. But if you've had a LifeProof case in the past you should know how to fix that by flicking it with your wrist and letting it dry.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
No dud case, the case is terrible on corners and people with fat fingers like me :D
Yeah, after testing it out today, I think I've had it. Way too many negatives. The sound is bad, the touch sensitivity is awful and to top it off, I think it's somehow draining my battery more. I did NOT use the phone anymore than normal today and my battery is just about dead. My "wanting to love it" only goes so far to making excuses. It's a terrible case IMO. Period.
It's too bad. I really wanted to love it. I guess it's just not possible to come up with a decent waterproof case. Lifeproof wasn't watertight (at least the one I had) and now this mess. I really hate when products say what they'll do and then don't. Very frustrated. Back it goes tomorrow.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Yeah, after testing it out today, I think I've had it. Way too many negatives. The sound is bad, the touch sensitivity is awful and to top it off, I think it's somehow draining my battery more. I did NOT use the phone anymore than normal today and my battery is just about dead. My "wanting to love it" only goes so far to making excuses. It's a terrible case IMO. Period.
It's too bad. I really wanted to love it. I guess it's just not possible to come up with a decent waterproof case. Lifeproof wasn't watertight (at least the one I had) and now this mess. I really hate when products say what they'll do and then don't. Very frustrated. Back it goes tomorrow.
Yeah, I hate mine too but I'm keeping it for what I originally bought it for, rainy days out in the field.

Reactions: Terry M.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
So where in town can I pick one up? I tried best buy and a Verizon store. I ended up buying the otter box armor and its frigging huge. I want to buy the atlas and the obex and do a review on all 4 cases.

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
So where in town can I pick one up? I tried best buy and a Verizon store. I ended up buying the otter box armor and its frigging huge. I want to buy the atlas and the obex and do a review on all 4 cases.
The reviews on the Amazon page for the Obex give the thumbs down to LifeProof and the Armor. They say the armor is HUGE.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
The reviews on the Amazon page for the Obex give the thumbs down to LifeProof and the Armor. They say the armor is HUGE.
There's more to it than just that.
The armor is not much bigger than the defender and plenty of people have those. I just ordered an obex. As soon as I find an atlas ill buy that too.

Sent using iCafe app

BeK

Apr 28, 2013
Is the glass screen protector on the case treated with a oleo-phobic coating to repel fingerprints?

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk HD

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't ever use much of my speakers either
music is headphones only
and GPS is going through my car speakers
I use the tape adapter in my Jeep Wrangler (loud) and have no issues
I still have to test the case but I had to send it back (since mine was faulty)
Now that's old school. I haven't seen one of those for years. The sound is quality is pretty bad since it heavily compresses it. If you're considering an upgrade, I recommend a head unit with USB. You'll love it. It sounds great and charges at the same time with just the one USB cable. You can get an iPod ready head unit for less than $100.

Last edited by a moderator: