Incipio Atlas iPhone 5

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
kind of digging this case. I like the black with the red sides. I was about ready to pull the trigger on another case, but may wait until this one comes out in Feb before I decide.

Nov 19, 2012
I'm interested to see if the headphone jack is difficult to access.

Otherwise the tempered glass screen and warranty on this device seems like a no brainer.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Here's our look at the Incipio Atlas.

My take is that the 1 year device warranty is a nice value-add. Incipio says their case doesn't have any issues with any bubbling on display. I haven't installed a Lifeproof (yet) on my device, so cannot comment on this claim vs Atlas.
From the video I can't tell if the black case has a red side or pink side, do you recall Chris? I was close to buying another case, but I like this Atlas case and I am debating about holding out if the black case has the red outer side. Thanks Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
From the video I can't tell if the black case has a red side or pink side, do you recall Chris? I was close to buying another case, but I like this Atlas case and I am debating about holding out if the black case has the red outer side. Thanks Chris
I think it's red. I went through my pictures and you can barely see that case. Looks red to me. I have the catalog in my suitcase. I'll check tomorrow to confirm.

DSC_6633.jpg DSC_6636.jpg DSC_6631.jpg DSC_6630_2.jpg

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Never mind. That photo was Joy Factory's waterproof case that has red in it.

Everyone has a waterproof case now. :D

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Confirmed via 2013 product catalog that it's grey/pink. Sorta like the new eiC forum color combo. Other colors: white/white, black/grey, white/grey, black/deep purple, grey/orange.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Confirmed via 2013 product catalog that it's grey/pink. Sorta like the new eiC forum color combo. Other colors: white/white, black/grey, white/grey, black/deep purple, grey/orange.
Thank you for checking Chris. I can't resist a black case with red in it so my search will continue. I don't really need a water proof case, but I did like the Atlas case.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Here's the official signup from Incipio to get notified of updates. Also has an installation video of the case with great views of it. Case looks killer. LIfeProof needs to step up their game, this all proof case war has just begun and will get interesting.
http://atlas.incipio.com/

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
There's something about this case I already don't like. The headphone jack. From what I can see in the video in order to plug in your headphones you have to open the bottom tab and then remove the earphone plug which means that while you're using headphones your case isn't waterproof anymore. And you have the bottom of the case tab hanging. I could be wrong. Can anyone clarify this? Nonetheless still a nice looking case.

Sent using iCafe app

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
There's something about this case I already don't like. The headphone jack. From what I can see in the video in order to plug in your headphones you have to open the bottom tab and then remove the earphone plug which means that while you're using headphones your case isn't waterproof anymore. And you have the bottom of the case tab hanging. I could be wrong. Can anyone clarify this? Nonetheless still a nice looking case.

Sent using iCafe app
That does look like the "case"(pun intended) hehe. But I don't use the headphone port anyways, I always go bluetooth if I want headphones, so that's not a deal breaker for me.

Nov 19, 2012

Sent using iCafe app
I don't like the bottom portion either. When I'm at work I use the headphone jack pretty often as well. I don't mind that its not waterproof while I have headphones on. I just don't want it to be a pain in the ass to listen to music with that protruding flap hanging sideways

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
I don't like the bottom portion either. When I'm at work I use the headphone jack pretty often as well. I don't mind that its not waterproof while I have headphones on. I just don't want it to be a pain in the ass to listen to music with that protruding flap hanging sideways
Agree!

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
In all honesty, how many people use the headphones under water? Than you need to buy waterproof headphones.

Nov 19, 2012
In all honesty, how many people use the headphones under water? Than you need to buy waterproof headphones.
Don't care if they are waterproof when I have headphones on it. I just don't want it to be a pain in the ass to plug in the headphones and or charger.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Don't care if they are waterproof when I have headphones on it. I just don't want it to be a pain in the a** to plug in the headphones and or charger.
With LP it's a pain in the bum, you need to unscrew the plug and than attach the adapter. So what's the difference? And, the charge port on the LP has a door that swings open and after many open and closings, they break. Mine did and needed to be replaced.

Nov 19, 2012
With LP it's a pain in the bum, you need to unscrew the plug and than attach the adapter. So what's the difference? And, the charge port on the LP has a door that swings open and after many open and closings, they break. Mine did and needed to be replaced.
The otter box armor looks like both doors for headphones and charging stay attached to the case which is ideal. And isn't a pain in the ass to open. Now I'm interested if the otterbox screen gets rainbow or oil slick problems.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
The otter box armor looks like both doors for headphones and charging stay attached to the case which is ideal. And isn't a pain in the ass to open. Now I'm interested if the otterbox screen gets rainbow or oil slick problems.
You're going to get the newtons rings effect with any case with a screen protector attached, its inevitable. Unless the screen fits flush on the actual phone screen like a regular screen protector where you can push the bubbles out to release the air it's just not possible, there's always going to be a bit of air in the case due to the opening of the charge port door.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Yes that's true but it remains proof from the elements unlike the Incipio Atlas. And with the Atlas you also have to deal with the bottom tab getting caught up inside your pocket when using headphones. Neither case is gonna be perfect I'm just stating things that can become a nuisance to some including me.

Sent using iCafe app