Incipio Atlas iPhone 5

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I got my Atlas today, it's ok for my intended use, I'll just use it when on the helicopter or ground Ambulance but not as my daily case in the office. The sound is muffled I can barely hear people on the phone but they can hear me ok.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Ok my review of the case,

Pros: thin, sturdy, glass screen, size, compact, home button protection.

Cons(just me BTW): the charge port door, sound is a bit quieter than the LP frē, home button might get annoying to some folks, and adds a bit of weight not by much prob due to the glass screen. Fricken install sheet was inside the closed case! <------ that's just me being picky.

This case really is Awesome, and prob the only real competition to the LifeProof case, there's nothing I really hate about it even the charge port door. It feels sturdier and stronger than the LP case and the fact that it has rubber protection on the inside back of the case is a bonus. No O-ring surrounds the case on the inside, it snaps easy on and off.
Everything works the same as the LP case with the volume buttons, and mute toggle. Sound is a bit quieter by prob 10% less than the LP frē case don't really notice it listening to music but is noticeable with the keyboard clicks.

Big Bonus: no oil slicks, newtons rings, waves, or bubble on the screen and what puts this case above the LP case is that fact. All calls made with no tunneling or echo feedback even with speakerphone and have had no issue with the proximity sensor.

I have to say goodbye to my LP case for now cause this Atlas case is flat out! Sorry LifeProof..... :(

Reactions: RoofMonkey

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Got my label today ... Already dropped it at the post office hopefully I get to use the case soon as well
I like the headphone adapter inicipio provides with the case a bid easier then LP screw in one
If I can just figure out how to latch the port open more easy I will be happy

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Yep, I had a road call in a strip mall today. Customer was @ a corporate VZN store.
Saw that they had exclusive all black or white Atlas cases.
Would have liked to pick one up, just not in the cards right now...

Reactions: RoofMonkey

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Now my mini review:

This thing really feels sturdy! It feels like a high quality case and it is. I'm impressed. The tempered glass screen is phenomenal in it's clarity. Just like not having anything on the screen at all! My water test passed the first time unlike LifeProof. No moisture at all on the tissue! Awesome! I have trust in the case to keep my phone safe and that's piece of mind.

Dislikes:
The sensitivity of the screen is compromised. The lower portion of the screen above the home button is awful. It will take a ton of getting used to hitting keys more than once and paying attention to what I'm typing. I'm typing this review on my phone and I'm having a heck of a time. Sensitivity is definitely down and I can see it becoming a deal breaker once the novelty wears off.
Like others have said the speakers are muffled quite a bit. When playing a song you can feel the vibration on the back of the case. Very weird.
The packaging leaves something to desire. They put a sticker on the Isolde of the tempered glass and when you pull it off you leave residue behind! Unacceptable!
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1366765552.961615.jpg

Yes you can use fingernail polish remover to take it off but then you have this:
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1366765606.889597.jpg

Eventually it comes off but what a horrible idea to put a sticker on the glass!

In the end, I really want to like the case and for now I do but like I mentioned earlier, once the novelty wears off I'm not sure ill still be able to say that.
Time will tell I guess.

Love to hear what others think.

*edit* forgot to add- when you do the swipe down to see your alerts and then you try to swipe upward to exit alert screen? You may as well forget it. No way I can get the screen swipe upward. The sensitivity just isn't there. Period.

Sent using iCafe app

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I just voiced my opinion on the Incipio FB page and it appears others are having similar problems with stickers and sound quality. Most who have posted have taken theirs back for a refund.

Sent using iCafe app

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
If any of you can help me out... I'm trying to register this thing and the place where they say the Atlas serial # should be is not there. I can't register without it. Supposedly it's a little barcode. Mine doesn't appear to have one anywhere.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
If any of you can help me out... I'm trying to register this thing and the place where they say the Atlas serial # should be is not there. I can't register without it. Supposedly it's a little barcode. Mine doesn't appear to have one anywhere.
Friend of mine said theirs was in the box. Not in/on the case itself.

JIS

Bronze
Nov 2, 2012
They also posted that rubbing alcohol would remove the sticker residue. Mine came off with minimal goo left. Tapped it off with the sticker. Goo be gone.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I had called them about this it's the sticker on the clear plastic box part
Now I had no sticker on my case ?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
The color in this review is white. I don't see white offered on the Incipio website. Does anyone know if AT&T offers the white one. I wish Staples did, as I have reward bucks to spend. lol