Incoming Call Picture - iPhone commercial differs from actual phone use

Sculder

Dec 26, 2007
Has anyone else noticed that when you set a picture to a contact, and that contact calls you, their picture takes up the entire screen? Every iPhone commercial I have ever seen has "Johnny Appleseed" with a small contact picture in the upper area, while displaying the wallpaper photo in the background (I've attached a screenshot). Is there a setting to do this that I'm not aware of? Thanks!

Attachments

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that when you set a picture to a contact, and that contact calls you, their picture takes up the entire screen? Every iPhone commercial I have ever seen has "Johnny Appleseed" with a small contact picture in the upper area, while displaying the wallpaper photo in the background (I've attached a screenshot). Is there a setting to do this that I'm not aware of? Thanks!

This seems to get asked every day.... did you even look through the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
When the photo was synced from the computer, it will be small, in a box. If edited or chosen on the iPhone, it will be large and take up the whole screen.

- John

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Lay off. Who cares. Does it really bother you that much?

this is a common annoyance for those folks who frequently have forums up on their computer screen for the whole 8 hours at work. Not only for this forum, but countless others that folks have a hobby for.

If you are person that can goof off all day and stare at a forum and keep hitting the refresh button waiting..scratch that...ooozing for new replys aka no life, then seeing the same questions pop up can get rather annoying after some time. I mean really, if i see the same question get asked, then it would annoy me as well.

for the occasional browser that hits up forums like this during lunch or for a problem, that don't see it all the time have no clue that is is a common annoyance. so..they post a question.

best part is, the only people reading this response are those folks aformentioned and will fall on deaf ears of the occasional browser and will continue to post blindly w/out trying the search button.
:laugh2:

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
oh...i didn't know the phone could do this so kudos!

chstphr

Aug 18, 2007
Worked like a charm, Thanks much. I asked at cingular about a month ago and was told not possible. thanks again.