Incoming call picture

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdela010, Jan 9, 2010.

1. jdela010

jdela010 Member

How do I make the picture I set to pop up when a friend calls full screen, instead of just a small picture in the top corner??
  2. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot

Make it your wallpaper. Lol.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. ITGeek

ITGeek New Member

the only way I know is syncing photos or photos you have taken with the iPhone. Sync the photo by using the Photos tab section in iTunes. Then navigate to the photo you want to use on the iPhone in the photos app and tap anywhere in the photo and click on the lower left icon for options. Then choose Assign to Contact.
  5. Apple4me

Apple4me Zealot

I just played around with my iPhone and I can't get it to do what you want to do. As you know, the assigned picture comes up in the upper-right corner of the iPhone screen, very small. I don't know of a way to make it come up full-screen?
  6. dturner

dturner Zealot

Go to the photo album,tap a pic. In the lower left corner is box with an arrow. Tap that and you will get a pop up with a few choices. One is "assign to contact." This will give a full screen pic when a call comes in.
    IMG_0372.jpg
  7. Apple4me

Apple4me Zealot

Dooh, it sure does. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but it sure works now. thanks...
  8. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot

If you use gmail for your contacts it does this. If you assign by phone it's the full pic.
  9. Apple4me

Apple4me Zealot

Well, that explains it. I was assigning the photo to the contact on my Mac with Mail and synching with my iPhone. When I do this, only the small picture shows up on the iPhone when it rings. I then assigned a photo directly on the iPhone and it does come up full screen.

I learn something new everyday, thanks :)
  10. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot

Yep, I use gmail for contacts and it does that.
  11. dturner

dturner Zealot

It really doesn't matter what mail you are using. If you assign a pic via the computer, you will get the small pic in the corner when a call comes in.