Incompatible Apps (or what scared me)

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Kriss, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

The jailbreak of my ip5 went very smooth. Cydia was unresponsive until around 4am this morning. My main concern was to get logged into my account and see all my stuff listed. I started downloading stuff and after 3-4 resprings, I noticed I was in "safe mode". So I started working my way backwards until I found the culprit. GridLock, a small utility for arranging your icons without spacers. Once removed, safe mode went away.

I continued installing and all went well. Tonight I tried a program I read about here, Fake Location, when finished, it caused the phone to go into "safe mode". This time I went back into Cydia, in "safe mode" and clicked modify, then re-install. That actually fixed it. So you know what was the most logical thing for me to do? Re-install GridLock. FAIL! It immediately went back into "safe mode" and re-installing didn't fix it. Did the uninstall and Poof! It was fixed. So. That's an issue.

All my other apps work fine, including the stock weather app. Here are some things I installed:
    Activator
    CyDelete
    SBSettings
    Five-Icon Dock
    iFile
    iWipe
    Mobile Terminal
    MxTube
    Netatalk
    PkgBackup
    Safari Download Manager
    SBOrganizer
    Shrink
    Winterboard
    Zeppelin
    All working fine.. Phone is nice and fast. The themes I purchased Cydia won't download though. I keep getting the 404 error or something. I'm sure they're just not quite ready. I'll try them later.

2. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Great post.

I am having two issues:
    • Cydia does not remember my User Account info. Have to sign in every time.
    • PkgBackup is acting wonky in many ways.....
    What works so far for me:
    • Action Menu
    • Activator
    • Airplane SBSettings
    • Rich Text For Mail
    • SB Settings
    • Silent Vibrate (love the icon!)
    • Sprintomize 2

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I am having issues with PkgBackup as well. It opens, starts to backup then immediately goes to the home screen of the iPhone.

Something else that actually scared me was Addons to Siri, such as more facts that she can tell you. I installed a few of these addons, but then when I went to go talk to her and tell her to "Inspire me" which was one of the addons where she would send you a cute photo of animals, it immediately froze my iPhone and it took forever to get the phone to turn on. I removed all of these addons for Siri. Don't try these.

4. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd dare mess with Siri since they control it on their servers. Sounds fun though. I haven't used pkgbackup yet because I haven't got everything ready. It doesn't remember my user account either. I have to sign in every time. (Pain). I think I remember having that issue with my other iPhone though, so it's not a big surprise.

5. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I added Auxo tonight which is really nice. It kind of takes the place of SBSettings for me and I like the control I have over the app multitasking, and graphically much nicer. Some apps obviously freeze my iPhone because they haven't updated them for iOS 6. I have problems with Siri Assistant Extensions and Graviboard.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I signed into my Facebook account the other day through Cydia to authenticate myself as I did in the past. I just checked and it wants me to re authenticate myself. Could this be a safety precaution, or an actual Cydia issue?

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think it's a Cydia issue. I have the same issue with my Google account. A lot of others have reported this as well.

8. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I have this same issue with my google account. I figure this will get worked out over time. Nothing to lose sleep over imo.

9. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

It didn't ask me to authenticate. Is that for purchases only?

10. EverythingApple

Gold

It's not compatible with my iPhone 5 - "Unable to Purchase."

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes. It is to see your purchases that you have made in the past.

Sent using iCafe app

12. EverythingApple

Gold

Five-Icon Dock did not work for me. It removed a lot of my apps from folders and put them on the springboard.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's strange. Five icon dock worked perfectly for me.

Sent using iCafe app

14. EverythingApple

Gold

I logged in using my Gmail account, linked my device, and had no issues. Package was purchased. Clean sailing for me.

15. EverythingApple

Gold

Did it remove any of your apps from your folders? Or do you not have any folders? That's what it did for me.

16. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Perhaps because I had it purchased before?

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I actually do not have any folders now. I had a bunch of games in folders before the jailbreak, but then I never played them so I deleted them.

Are you still having the issue? Maybe remove the apps from the folders and install "five icon dock."

Sent using iCafe app

18. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

It will do that if you get stuck in safe mode. It could be a program that you installed before it. Try uninstalling and see if it gets you out of safe mode. Or try "modify" and reinstall. That's worked for me.

19. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Just a quick note.... Don't use PKGbackup to restore Cydia tweaks... As your backups may not be compatible with 6.x...and can cause crashes or issues.

20. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'd like to use PKGBackup to backup everything in Cydia, but the program opens and then closes. An update was released today but didn't fix the problem.

Sent using iCafe app