Incompatible Apps (or what scared me)

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
PKGbackup works perfectly on my iPad running 6.1.... Have you tried to uninstall it then re install again...?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
PKGbackup works perfectly on my iPad running 6.1.... Have you tried to uninstall it then re install again...?
I tried reinstalling it. Let me uninstall and reinstall. I'll let you know.

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
It will do that if you get stuck in safe mode. It could be a program that you installed before it. Try uninstalling and see if it gets you out of safe mode. Or try "modify" and reinstall. That's worked for me.
As soon as I removed it, everything was back to normal. What about using Springtomize 2 to have a five icon dock?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I actually do not have any folders now. I had a bunch of games in folders before the jailbreak, but then I never played them so I deleted them.

Are you still having the issue? Maybe remove the apps from the folders and install "five icon dock."

Sent using iCafe app
It didn't remove all my apps from folders, just some of them. I have Springtomize 2 installed. I'll try that one.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I tried what you suggested and PKGBackup still opens, starts to backup, then immediately closes.

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yes, they do. It's like an all-in-one tweak.
If I remember correctly, Shrink only gives you the options to mess around with the apps and the look of them. I would keep your most used one, unless its causing an issue with the five icon dock.

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Does anyone know if MapsOpener is compatible?

It will open the Google Maps app instead of the stock Apple Maps app.

EDIT: Yes, it is and it works great.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Do I really need Shrink, if I have Springtomize 2?
I like Springtomize. It eliminates the need for a bunch of other hacks/tweaks. It did cause a problem yesterday. I used SB settings to turn off the Mobile Substrate to isolate it to Springtomize. Then reset all the settings back to default. Worked fine afterwards.

Interesting to note that all my settings for Springtomize were retained through the jb iPhone 4-->stock ip5-->stock ip5-->jb ip5. I never did a restore as new but I didn't think all that would have migrated all the way. Makes me wonder what else is lurking on my device! And no thanks, I don't want to go through the 'hassle' of restore as new. :eek: Though smart money says I should.... :D

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I've been running pkgbackup the past couple days. It works fine for me. I have iWipe installed but haven't used it yet. I am hesitant to do so now. I didn't have a problem installing Cydelete but when I read that if forced you into safe mode, I uninstalled it. I had five icon dock but then I put in infinidock, it automatically deactivated my five icon dock. I also just installed Ayecon. It works good with all the other programs.