Incorrect SIM Fix? Please!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bjones16

Oct 22, 2007
I tried to mod my iPhone awhile ago. It came with 1.1.1 and I couldn't figure it out. I messed up somehow and now my iPhone says incorrect sim. Insert an unlocked or valid SIM to unlock iPhone. When i plug it to iTunes it says that their is a problem with my iPhone and that it may be damaged.

Is there anyway to fix this!?!?!?!

bjones16

Oct 22, 2007
the phone actually started with 1.0.2. I tried to put 1.0.2. on the phone and a yellow exclamation mark came up!

bjones16

Oct 22, 2007
Ok...i finally think i am close to fixing my phone. I restored my phone to 1.0.2. Then I ran apptapp. Both of which failed but I am finally at the Activate iPhone screen but it says incorrect sim. When i hook my iPhone up to iTunes it says "the iPhone cannot be used because the sim card is not installed" please insert my sim card in order to activate.

Some more help please!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Ok...i finally think i am close to fixing my phone. I restored my phone to 1.0.2. Then I ran apptapp. Both of which failed but I am finally at the Activate iPhone screen but it says incorrect sim. When i hook my iPhone up to iTunes it says "the iPhone cannot be used because the sim card is not installed" please insert my sim card in order to activate.

Some more help please!
Has the phone got a SIM in it? You may need one.

bjones16

Oct 22, 2007
Is their anything like jailbreakme.com or can you jailbreak a 1.0.2 phone?

whe i do jailbreakme.com it says on my phone incorret firmware version. you must use iTunes to restore your iPhone to firmware version1.1.1 before you can proceed. your current firmware version is 1.0.2.

Also, when i hoop the phone up to iTunes it says the sim card is not installed.
I guess I just wanna be able to all the way virginize my phone so I can activate it the correct way. No more incorrect sim errors!
HELP PLEASE!

bjones16

Oct 22, 2007
whe i do jailbreakme.com it says on my phone incorret firmware version. you must use iTunes to restore your iPhone to firmware version1.1.1 before you can proceed. your current firmware version is 1.0.2.

Also, when i hoop the phone up to iTunes it says the sim card is not installed.
I guess I just wanna be able to all the way virginize my phone so I can activate it the correct way. No more incorrect sim errors!
HELP PLEASE!

come on guys....no help?!?!

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Yes, it does ave the original sim
OK. I will explain it to you the same way that I did it. You will need your computer just for the restore. I suggest going to http://i.unlock.no and getting the corresponding restore file(s) needed. If your on 1.0.2, download that or download 1.1.1 if you have that firmware. Once downloaded, open up iTunes. Connect your phone to your computer and hold the power and home buttons until iTunes recognizes your phone. Once you get to the restore screen, hit and hold the shift key and click restore. Locate your corresponding firmware file you downloaded. Let iTunes do it's thing. Once you have done this, you will get an error and the phone will restart. This is normal. It will still say incorrect SIM. Once you have restored, close iTunes and disconnect from your computer!

Slide for emergency and hit, *#301#, hit call, once dialed, delete the numbers, hit "0", hit call/answer, tap hold, phone will re-dial itself, hit decline, hit contacts, click add, go to the url, type in "prefs:" (w/o quotes),
click save, add another link, type in "www.jailbreakme.com" (w/o quotes). Click on the prefs: link that you made to go into settings. Change your autolock to never and activate your wi-fi.

Once you've activated wi-fi, hit the home button. Slide for emergency, dial "0", answer the call, hold it, then decline the call when it calls you back. Go to your contacts, select the jailbreakme link, scroll down, and install AppSnapp. The phone will turn off but restart itself after a short moment, don't worry. It takes a few seconds.

After it restarts, it should now say slide to unlock. You should now be ok to put your SIM card in and use it. If you want to unlock it, let me know. I'll help ya with that too. Or, go to http://i.unlock.no and you can get the same instructions from them!

Good Luck!

bjones16

Oct 22, 2007
OK. I will explain it to you the same way that I did it. You will need your computer just for the restore. I suggest going to http://i.unlock.no and getting the corresponding restore file(s) needed. If your on 1.0.2, download that or download 1.1.1 if you have that firmware. Once downloaded, open up iTunes. Connect your phone to your computer and hold the power and home buttons until iTunes recognizes your phone. Once you get to the restore screen, hit and hold the shift key and click restore. Locate your corresponding firmware file you downloaded. Let iTunes do it's thing. Once you have done this, you will get an error and the phone will restart. This is normal. It will still say incorrect SIM. Once you have restored, close iTunes and disconnect from your computer!

Slide for emergency and hit, *#301#, hit call, once dialed, delete the numbers, hit "0", hit call/answer, tap hold, phone will re-dial itself, hit decline, hit contacts, click add, go to the url, type in "prefs:" (w/o quotes),
click save, add another link, type in "www.jailbreakme.com" (w/o quotes). Click on the prefs: link that you made to go into settings. Change your autolock to never and activate your wi-fi.

Once you've activated wi-fi, hit the home button. Slide for emergency, dial "0", answer the call, hold it, then decline the call when it calls you back. Go to your contacts, select the jailbreakme link, scroll down, and install AppSnapp. The phone will turn off but restart itself after a short moment, don't worry. It takes a few seconds.

After it restarts, it should now say slide to unlock. You should now be ok to put your SIM card in and use it. If you want to unlock it, let me know. I'll help ya with that too. Or, go to http://i.unlock.no and you can get the same instructions from them!

Good Luck!

jailbreak.com is only for 1.1.1 so how do I put that on a phoen that is 1.0.2. Also, when i put 1.1.1 in my phone the incorrect sim icon doesn't come up. Just an iTunes and usb icon come on the screen

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
jailbreak.com is only for 1.1.1 so how do I put that on a phoen that is 1.0.2. Also, when i put 1.1.1 in my phone the incorrect sim icon doesn't come up. Just an iTunes and usb icon come on the screen
all I can say is to try and use ibrickr's dfu mode. That might work. Download it if you don't have it. Make sure that iTunes recognizes your phone, then startup ibrickr and to into dfu mode. Its worth a try.