Incorrect SIM iPhone not working, please...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 1, 2007
Im sure you've seen many threads, and even my other thread.. has anyone found any tips I can try to get this thing working or any personal experiences that anyone has done to get this phone working again? I really need this phone to work. I'm going on a trip for one, and for two, im paying for service I can't use.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I read your other thread as well and see what happened. First I will say the bad and unhelpful advice. When you put 3rd party apps on your phone and used jailbreak, this is not what Apple wanted. They warned all of us of unlocked phones and hacked phones with 3rd party apps what could and highly possibly could happen.

Now to help, I would call Apple and as said before lie through your teeth. If that does not work, the only thing you can really do is be patient and hope that someone figures out a way to fix your issue. I have read that Apple geniuses are fixing "bricked" iPhones. May want to give it a shot. Be careful in what you say, if you say to much they can put your serial number in the computer and basically on a black book list and never help that phone again.

Aug 1, 2007
I read your other thread as well and see what happened. First I will say the bad and unhelpful advice. When you put 3rd party apps on your phone and used jailbreak, this is not what Apple wanted. They warned all of us of unlocked phones and hacked phones with 3rd party apps what could and highly possibly could happen.

Now to help, I would call Apple and as said before lie through your teeth. If that does not work, the only thing you can really do is be patient and hope that someone figures out a way to fix your issue. I have read that Apple geniuses are fixing "bricked" iPhones. May want to give it a shot. Be careful in what you say, if you say to much they can put your serial number in the computer and basically on a black book list and never help that phone again.
hmm yeah, but don't they check the sim anyways? obviously if its a sim issue they will check it. but with all the hacks that are all out now , i don't doubt that it will be fixed by the next week. i guess i have to be patient.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
He doesn't have an unlocked phone, and merely installing third-party apps has nothing to do with his problem.

There are MANY reports of 1.1.1 rendering unmodded/unhacked iPhones inoperApple with AT&T. Try and defend that.

--
Mike