Incorrect SIM

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
OK, I have a major problem. I updated my phone with iTunes and it now states incorrect sim, insert an unlocked and valid sim to activate phone. iTunes doesn't can't open it because I have my phone pass locked.

What do I do?

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Is the phone modded? Or is it a iTunes registered phone?
It's an iTunes registered phone. My screen now says Activate Phone with the world as the background, just like when you first power it up. However, it still says incorrect sim, insert a unlocked and valid sim to activate phone.

If I can't get this resolved by tomorrow, I will have to go to the Apple store to have this all looked at.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Once you plug it in (with iTunes running). It should detect that you have a registered SIM and activate your phone back again. Give it a few minutes as the AT&T servers could be slow. If it still doesn't do the trick, you're better off calling AT&T not Apple. Sounds like an AT&T issue.

It's an iTunes registered phone. My screen now says Activate Phone with the world as the background, just like when you first power it up. However, it still says incorrect sim, insert a unlocked and valid sim to activate phone.

If I can't get this resolved by tomorrow, I will have to go to the Apple store to have this all looked at.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Can't you take the passcode off the phone?

If you can't because the phone isn't activated - then i'd try using the first steps of the jailbreak process:

1) Slide the emergency lock.
2) Dial *#307#
3) Press the back button to clear the number you just dialed, then press 0. Press
Dial again.

4) Press accept call, then press hold, then press deny.
5) You're now in the contact list! Horray lol, keep going.
6) Create a new contact with;

i) The first url: prefs://11

Save the contact then touch that url - that'll take you to the settings menu where you can get to the passcode lock.

Remove the lock and then reboot the phone.

I can't imagine I'm correct for one minute - or this would mean Apple has made one almighty blunderoony.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Once you plug it in (with iTunes running). It should detect that you have a registered SIM and activate your phone back again. Give it a few minutes as the AT&T servers could be slow. If it still doesn't do the trick, you're better off calling AT&T not Apple. Sounds like an AT&T issue.

I don't think this is an AT&T issue because my phone was working just fine until I tried the 1.1.2 update. Before the phone wouldn't even show activate phone at the top. I finally got to restore the phone like 3 times. Nothing worked. The SIM card never got recognized. With and without being connected to iTunes. I could call AT&T at lunch, but I don't know.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Can't you take the passcode off the phone?

If you can't because the phone isn't activated - then i'd try using the first steps of the jailbreak process:

1) Slide the emergency lock.
2) Dial *#307#
3) Press the back button to clear the number you just dialed, then press 0. Press
Dial again.

4) Press accept call, then press hold, then press deny.
5) You're now in the contact list! Horray lol, keep going.
6) Create a new contact with;

i) The first url: prefs://11

Save the contact then touch that url - that'll take you to the settings menu where you can get to the passcode lock.

Remove the lock and then reboot the phone.

I can't imagine I'm correct for one minute - or this would mean Apple has made one almighty blunderoony.
This didn't work. When I dial the 307 number, that doesn't work either. I clear the 307 and dial 0, and my phone automatically ends the call.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Nadgers.

I think a trip to an Apple Store may be on the cards
That's what I think too. The only problem is, is it's black Friday, the malls are going to be packed. The Apple store is in the mall! This sucks major A**! I'm just hoping that if it can't be fixed, they will just give me a new phone. And I hope that it can all be done today. Being without a phone really stinks!

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Well, I have bad news! I went to the Apple store and everything was good with the phone. All my info matched so I thought that I would be getting a new phone. Well, they did there diagnostic check and they saw that the phone was unlocked. Now, I have only had my phone for two months, I don't recall ever unlocking it. I must have downloaded something accidentally to unlock it. I never wanted to switch from AT&T. So the guy pretty much said to call up Apple and talk to them. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. If not, looks like I'll be buying a new one.

I wonder, if they wont give me a new one, and I buy a new one, could I sell this phone that I have? I have tried my old SIM card and did not work, so temporarily I am using an older Cingular phone.

Thanks.

ck867

Sep 17, 2007
I just did the same thing! I have a pin lock on my sim card where everytime the phone gets turned on, you have to enter a pin to unlock the sim so the phone will work. Well i did a restore and when i tried connecting back to iTunes to reactivate my iPhone, it can't seem to read the sim card since i have the pin lock on it. THe problem is, i can't unlock the pin without activating the phone first. This is a mistake on Apples part

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
I just did the same thing! I have a pin lock on my sim card where everytime the phone gets turned on, you have to enter a pin to unlock the sim so the phone will work. Well i did a restore and when i tried connecting back to iTunes to reactivate my iPhone, it can't seem to read the sim card since i have the pin lock on it. THe problem is, i can't unlock the pin without activating the phone first. This is a mistake on Apples part
Just go to Apple, they can do that for you I'm sure. However, my problem is worse. It just says incorrect sim. However, I can use my sim card in another phone.

bipul

Nov 25, 2007
Hi all..please someone help me..!

Hi everyone..
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME..I AM IN NEW ZEALAND AND WHEN I TRY TO ACTIVATE MY APPLE iPhone IT SAYS " ACTIVATE iPhone..CONNECT TO iTunes..
INCORRECT SIM..INSERT AN UNLOCKED AND VALID SIM TO ACTIVATE iPhone..:-((((((

PLEASE HELP ME..ITS URGENT..THANKS!

CHEERS
BIPUL.

OK, I have a major problem. I updated my phone with iTunes and it now states incorrect sim, insert an unlocked and valid sim to activate phone. iTunes doesn't can't open it because I have my phone pass locked.

What do I do?

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Hi everyone..
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME..I AM IN NEW ZEALAND AND WHEN I TRY TO ACTIVATE MY APPLE iPhone IT SAYS " ACTIVATE iPhone..CONNECT TO iTunes..
INCORRECT SIM..INSERT AN UNLOCKED AND VALID SIM TO ACTIVATE iPhone..:-((((((

PLEASE HELP ME..ITS URGENT..THANKS!

CHEERS
BIPUL.
have u tried to do a restore/virginize? What version do u have? Try to download lower versions like 1.1.1 and shift restore. I have tried this many times and it has not worked for me. I had the same error come up. Unfortuneately I went out and bought a new phone. I will still try fixing mine and sell it, or just sell it the way it is and let someone who knows how to fix it deal with it. Good luck to u.

bipul

Nov 25, 2007
thanks for the quick reply..i got 1.0.2 version n tried to restore the phone but at one stage it stopped n gave me tht msg..will try to use something else tht might work.,.thanks anyways mate..
cheers
Bipul.

have u tried to do a restore/virginize? What version do u have? Try to download lower versions like 1.1.1 and shift restore. I have tried this many times and it has not worked for me. I had the same error come up. Unfortuneately I went out and bought a new phone. I will still try fixing mine and sell it, or just sell it the way it is and let someone who knows how to fix it deal with it. Good luck to u.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
thanks for the quick reply..i got 1.0.2 version n tried to restore the phone but at one stage it stopped n gave me tht msg..will try to use something else tht might work.,.thanks anyways mate..
cheers
Bipul.
Hopefully it works out for u. Is your phone unlocked? If so, it may not work, but you never know. Let me know.