iNdependence 1.4 Released with 1.1.3 support

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'll go have a look at it. Thanks for posting.

- John

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
What's the benefit of having iNdependence? I've never used it. Any modding I want to do, I just do manually through ssh via Fugu.

Jan 1, 2008
I learnt a whole lot from iNdependence, its good for newbs. Its just a simple GUI based app!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
glad this finally came out, independence seems to work a lot better the ifuntastic. Thanks for posting.

Whats the difference between using this and using SSH?

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
compatible with osx tiger?

wondering if anyone has tried latest independence on osx tiger? i know latest zip phone only compatible with leopard at the moment. since i only want to jailbreak not unlock since i have service with AT&T and just want to mod, I would assume only do jailbreak?;) thanks!

m3sport

Feb 16, 2008
wondering if anyone has tried latest independence on osx tiger? i know latest zip phone only compatible with leopard at the moment. since i only want to jailbreak not unlock since i have service with AT&T and just want to mod, I would assume only do jailbreak?;) thanks!
Specs:

OS X 10.4.11 G5
16gb iPhone 1.1.3 OTB
AT&T 2yr plan

Just jb'ed the phone last night and everything works 100%. Pretty much pain free. Installed the NES emu and a few other apps via SSH and works like a charm.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Specs:

OS X 10.4.11 G5
16gb iPhone 1.1.3 OTB
AT&T 2yr plan

Just jb'ed the phone last night and everything works 100%. Pretty much pain free. Installed the NES emu and a few other apps via SSH and works like a charm.
yes i have successfuly jailbreaked since my post. what other apps hv you installed. tried summerboard but not working right, tried to get installer app on there but running into problems. what did you do? any help would be greatly appreciated!;)

m3sport

Feb 16, 2008
yes i have successfuly jailbreaked since my post. what other apps hv you installed. tried summerboard but not working right, tried to get installer app on there but running into problems. what did you do? any help would be greatly appreciated!;)
That's weird. I couldnt get the installer.apps to work as well. Just went ahead and ssh'd everything. I don't think it works with 1.1.3otb ATM. You'll have to downgrade?

Nov 16, 2007
i have already jailbroken my phone and it Independence says it is not jailbroken so it wont let me SSH anything Are there any other mac apps that will allow you to SSH roms?