indirectly created "speed-email"

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I wouldn't call this earth shattering... just maybe nifty. Heck it might not even be new to this forum, but I thought I'd share anyways. Just like speed dial, I stumbled on a way to speed email someone. All I was trying to do was get some icons on my iPhone to spell my name... here's what I ended up with:

I created some EXTREMELY SIMPLE webpages (I'm using my own webserver but I'm sure anyone can get some free webspace on the internet to do this). All the webpage has is the letter that I wanted (you'll see the pic below). And then I save it as a bookmark on my Home Screen. I do that until I have all the letters that I want. And this is what it looks like:

Now I go back to those webpages and I highlight the letter (just using Word as an editor) and I insert hyperlink... I link it to an email address. So now with 2 quick touches I have an email up already composed to whomever I set it up for. For instance, my "P" goes to my tech team... my "A" goes to my accountant... and so on.

Sorry if this is not new or if there is an easier way to do this. I was just messing around and stumbled onto this. Thought I'd share.

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
just thought of this...

with the email floating out there... it might be a good way to get your recipient spammed so MAYBE this isn't a good idea. Sorry, just throwing ideas out there.