Indy's Official 3G iPhone News and Rumors Thread. *Submit*

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I like how T-mobs is stepping up their game. I guess they've realized all the people that are on their network using iPhones want something a bit faster.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I would imagine it is too much to ask of Steve Jobs to add T-Mobile's 3G band in the new iPhone right along side AT&T's 3G band. 3G internet speeds at $5.99 would be just ridiculous! However, I am getting way ahead of myself since we don't know what kind of security measures Apple will throw at the new baseband and bootloader.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Yes, the 16G is still in stock there, but at more than twice the price point of the 8G when it was on sale. I personally don't think Apple can eliminate the lower priced iPhone from the UK market completely for over a month. We have all seen the less than stellar sales the 8G iPhone has experienced overseas. the 16G has seen worse numbers, obviously because of the higher price point. the 16G is still about US $650. Who, in their right mind, would pay $650 for a 2.5G iPhone when an indusry-standard 3G iPhone is mere weeks away?

I also just read on Mac Rumors that the FCC can somehow be persuaded to keep patent applications under wraps until launch day. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

**$650 US per carphonewarehouse.com**

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I could see the 8GB going EOL especially if they have in fact released the 16GB model over there. I could see them just having larger supplies of the 16GB.

It's going to be really unfortunate when Apple finally reveals the release date of the new iPhone, June...2009.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sounds familiar! GPS is a nice touch, though...

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Here's what some others are discussing about the supposedly leaked V2 iPhone:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=475554

I hope to god that these aren't going to made with all plastic backing, that's one of the things I like about Apple products, durability and solidness. ;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah I'll be glad to see a non-recessed jack. However, I did just purchase my V-Moda Vibe Duos not too long ago, so I'll still be using them I'm sure.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've used my friend's LG Voyager a few times and I think the Tactile feedback can be a bit annoying. I mean, it could be convenient to let you know you're hitting the buttons, but after a while I think it's just bothersome.

Duckman

Bronze
Apr 11, 2008
First thanks Indy for my daily fix on the subject...and I would agree with Young...for those of us that are old enough...remember every one wanted that "Crack" when you depressed a key on an IBM keyboard or keyboard clone?...now it's one of the most annoying things going.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
First thanks Indy for my daily fix on the subject...and I would agree with Young...for those of us that are old enough...remember every one wanted that "Crack" when you depressed a key on an IBM keyboard or keyboard clone?...now it's one of the most annoying things going.
Hey no problem! Thanks to others also that have contributed so far.

I do not know of this "crack" you speak of, or maybe I'm just too old to remember, hehe:p

I just see it as another addition that would cause severe battery drain. Interesting to see what Apple would come up with when the iPhone has gps, 3g, louder speaker, haptic feedback vibration and so on, ya know, interchangeable batteries may just solve a lot of future issues. I'm sure Apple will pull some magic outta the hat.;)