INFINXX AP23 Bluetooth Stereo Adapter Problems

azdick

Jul 9, 2007
:mad:

I bought an INFINXX AP23 BLUETOOTH Stereo Adapter for my iPhone 3G from Brando in Hong Kong based upon reviews saying it works and is a great product. Unfortunately, when I attach it to the iPhone the phone says that the adapter is incompatible with the phone. I can pair my Motorola S9 with the phone, receive and make calls...but cannot receive music or control my iPhone which says that the adapter is not working and is not passing stereo A2DP to the phone. I have emailed Brando twice..no response.

Has anyone bought this item and are you successful or unsuccessful in getting it to work? Also, has anyone found an A2DP adapter that does work with the iPhone 3G.

Thanks in advance for any help.

azdick

Jul 9, 2007
I have an iCombi which is rather large. The Infnnx is really tiny. Thanks for the info.

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Mine just arrived today and I can say for sure, it DOES work fine with the iPhone 3g. So, don't panic yet. May just be a faulty unit but Brando should replace it if so.

I think you may be configuring it the wrong way though. The adapter has nothing to do with the bluetooth in the iPhone, infact I keep that turned off. All I did to get mine working was:

1) Plug in the adapter.
2) Message pops up saying you need to put it into airplane mode. Just hit no and ignore it.
3) Turn on the S9 (I'm using the S9 also so I can confirm it works). I didn't have to put it into pairing mode, just hold the button for 3secs to turn it on and the adapter will connect to it automatically.
4) Play some music.

Really it was that simple. All I had to do was plug it in and turn on the S9 and it started working in 2-3 secs.

Lemme know if that helped. I'm still testing mine and so far I'm very impressed. It works well to the point where it never drops the signal even when I walk away a fair bit or put it in a box. HOWEVER, as soon as I put it in my pocket it starts skipping like my pants are cursed or something. Seriously I've locked it in a box and walked to the next room and it never skips but my pants 2 feet away from my head?

azdick

Jul 9, 2007
Thanks got it to work.

Mine just arrived today and I can say for sure, it DOES work fine with the iPhone 3g. So, don't panic yet. May just be a faulty unit but Brando should replace it if so.

I think you may be configuring it the wrong way though. The adapter has nothing to do with the bluetooth in the iPhone, infact I keep that turned off. All I did to get mine working was:

1) Plug in the adapter.
2) Message pops up saying you need to put it into airplane mode. Just hit no and ignore it.
3) Turn on the S9 (I'm using the S9 also so I can confirm it works). I didn't have to put it into pairing mode, just hold the button for 3secs to turn it on and the adapter will connect to it automatically.
4) Play some music.

Really it was that simple. All I had to do was plug it in and turn on the S9 and it started working in 2-3 secs.

Lemme know if that helped. I'm still testing mine and so far I'm very impressed. It works well to the point where it never drops the signal even when I walk away a fair bit or put it in a box. HOWEVER, as soon as I put it in my pocket it starts skipping like my pants are cursed or something. Seriously I've locked it in a box and walked to the next room and it never skips but my pants 2 feet away from my head?

nevarrie

Aug 12, 2008
Does the Ap23 work with hard cases

Does the AP23 work with Hard cases like IvySkins XyloT3?

I had been using a NaviPlay for the past year or more with my ipod nano and was able to uses it with my new iPhone 3g until I got my XyloT3. Protecting my phone is a little more important to me then my A2DP but I am remembering why I started using A2DP in the first place.

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Does the AP23 work with Hard cases like IvySkins XyloT3?

I had been using a NaviPlay for the past year or more with my ipod nano and was able to uses it with my new iPhone 3g until I got my XyloT3. Protecting my phone is a little more important to me then my A2DP but I am remembering why I started using A2DP in the first place.
Not sure if it'll work but there's not a lot of space between it and the iPhone, I'd say just about a mm or less. However, it's pretty small, from end to end it doesn't stretch over the mic and speaker openings (covers about 70% of each). From the pic of the xylo T3, it looks like the opening on the bottom should be big enough to support it.

nevarrie

Aug 12, 2008
Not sure if it'll work but there's not a lot of space between it and the iPhone, I'd say just about a mm or less. However, it's pretty small, from end to end it doesn't stretch over the mic and speaker openings (covers about 70% of each). From the pic of the xylo T3, it looks like the opening on the bottom should be big enough to support it.
You are right in that the case does not cover the speaks at the bottom of the iPhone. This is good news though the fact that it does not work well in your pocket does bother me since the main place I want the bluetooth is when I am riding my motorcycle and I keep the iPhone in one of my pockets. Though I am uses to finding just the right way to keep it in my pocket to keep the bluetooth working since my Naviplay does skip every once and a while when I have it in my pocket.

The only other thing I am worried about with AP23 is that it looks like it would be so easy to break off. I think I will first try to modify my Naviplay to make it fit while I have my XyloT3 on the iPhone since it has its own battery and does not drain the iPhone and I already own it, but if that fails I may have to get an AP23.

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
You are right in that the case does not cover the speaks at the bottom of the iPhone. This is good news though the fact that it does not work well in your pocket does bother me since the main place I want the bluetooth is when I am riding my motorcycle and I keep the iPhone in one of my pockets. Though I am uses to finding just the right way to keep it in my pocket to keep the bluetooth working since my Naviplay does skip every once and a while when I have it in my pocket.

The only other thing I am worried about with AP23 is that it looks like it would be so easy to break off. I think I will first try to modify my Naviplay to make it fit while I have my XyloT3 on the iPhone since it has its own battery and does not drain the iPhone and I already own it, but if that fails I may have to get an AP23.
I tend to worry about it breaking off too so I've been trying to be careful with the way I handle it when the AP23 is plugged in. No way to tell exactly how fragile it is and I really don't want to push it lol.

Anyway regarding the pocket issue, it's almost impossible to get a decent signal while walking or jogging. However it works fine if you're in seated position (driving a car works just fine) and have it in your pocket.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who wants to take it jogging or on long walks anywhere unless you want to use it with a wrist strap, in-hand or in a bag (I usually put it in my school bag while walking around on campus, works fine).

The no pants pockets while walking really bugs me though.

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
another query !

Hi all, i also have just got the ap23 adaptor with iPhone 3g and all connected ok thanks to all of you, my question is the volume limit on the moto s9 headphones , i have set it to max volume and i think it could be louder as seems a little quiet when playing music/video...Also the volume doesn't control the headphones within the 3g phone, is this normal and is there any way of getting the volume louder with the s9 headphones?

Any comments please and your feedback aswell would be great if diferent from mine above,

Many thanks from brian

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
Hi all, i also have just got the ap23 adaptor with iPhone 3g and all connected ok thanks to all of you, my question is the volume limit on the moto s9 headphones , i have set it to max volume and i think it could be louder as seems a little quiet when playing music/video...Also the volume doesn't control the headphones within the 3g phone, is this normal and is there any way of getting the volume louder with the s9 headphones?

Any comments please and your feedback aswell would be great if diferent from mine above,

Many thanks from brian
Yes it's normal that the phones volume control does nothing when using the ap23. However, I'm not sure about the max volume part. I control the volume from my s9's buttons and usually don't have to put it to max (too loud for me).

It may be a problem with the S9's themselves. Mine are now "off centered" where the left earphone is much louder than the right.

silverfox

Oct 20, 2008
Hi, I just recently got the adapter as well, but have had no success in pairing it with the Motorola Ht820. I'm using a 2g version of the iPhone, which should not really be an issue. And the motorola ht820 is working ok as well since I've been using it with my macbook with no hitches. Has anyone else had any success with this combination?