Information for those on a family plan!

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Here's my original thread. I had asked if I needed a main account holder to be at the store when I buy my iPhone.

I was told that I needed to be an authorized user on this account for me to activate in store, most likely.

My phone is a secondary line on a Family Talk plan so I was going to give AT&T a call so I could get authorization to make account changes. I decided to long into the account management page at the AT&T website to check for something like this first. Here's how you get to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I made myself the main person on my account with a FamilyTalk plan. The AT&T rep had to talk with my dad and he had to give them his last 4 numbers of his SSN. I pay for our bill anyway, so I should be the main person controlling it.

I also got a 13% corporate discount at the same time. I also made the rep make sure I'm still eligible for an upgrade to iPhone 3G. :laugh2:

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I made myself the main person on my account with a FamilyTalk plan. The AT&T rep had to talk with my dad and he had to give them his last 4 numbers of his SSN. I pay for our bill anyway, so I should be the main person controlling it.

I also got a 13% corporate discount at the same time. I also made the rep make sure I'm still eligible for an upgrade to iPhone 3G. :laugh2:
Just say you are the main person on the account and give them the last 4 of the ssn. You might want to have all of the ssn though but on the phone all you need is the last 4. I do it all the time.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Just say you are the main person on the account and give them the last 4 of the ssn. You might want to have all of the ssn though but on the phone all you need is the last 4. I do it all the time.
thanks for the info