iNsane

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
wow.
i hate my iPhone RIGHT now, well only for now. you see, it is NOT fun going away for the weekend and having your iPhone F**K UP...

yeah that's right, it is GONE INSANE.

let me give you a little play-by-play of my insane iPhone.
1st sign: when i plug my iPhone into the charger it had NO signal... weird.

2nd sign: eventually tried again and it BLEW my screen INSANE. it would change RANDOM colors OVER AND OVER until i decided to force restart.

3rd sign: i turned it back on, and the screen was fine, like NOTHING happened.

after this i was just thoroughly PISSED off so i quit, and tomorrow i'll take it to Apple.

any suggestions on fixing this? or if Apple will even replace it?

any help WOULD be appreciated because i DON'T want to lose all my crap.

kthxbye

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
By the sound of it, Apple should DEFINITELY replace it. Is it unlocked? If not, no problems. If so, I'd say it's a 50/50 chance, depending on who helps you.
nope it's not unlocked, or modded, or even updated to 1.1.1 so yeah hopefully they'll replace it tomorrow.

and now when i charge it it's overheating like HELL so whatever.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
wow.
i hate my iPhone RIGHT now, well only for now. you see, it is NOT fun going away for the weekend and having your iPhone F**K UP...

yeah that's right, it is GONE INSANE.
A bad charger? Have you tried to plug it directly into the computer?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
WELL...
here was my full experience of the "genius bar"/Apple store today.

i went into the store, was greeted by an Apple "salesman"(i'm guessing) and i quickly told him that i was in need of some service on my iPhone. after telling him that IF i were to charge it, the screen would malfunction he QUICKLY decided to check it for himself...and it did EXACTLY what i said it would do, but either way i don't care if he had to check the hot stove for himself. after this he takes me over to a computer where i sign up for my appointment(because i was too lazy to do it on the way up to the mall) and tell me that i have an appointment for 1245,..it was 12. i was kinda shocked to hear how much time it would take but i really didn't care since i was VERY hungry and Sbarro was calling my name, i also wanted to go place Beatmania in the arcade and had a pretty badass time with my friend. so we go back at 1240 because the guy told us to come a little early and there are still like 3-4 people in front of me, but hey i've got like 2-2 1/2 hours until work so i'm not in a big hurry. i try to kill some time looking at cases and the one i want (agent18 BLACK) is definitely not in stock, they only have the nasty "seed" colored one.. ew. anyway it's 115 and i just now go back to the counter and the guy is almost done with this old man, and he tell me "i was supposed to fix your iPhone but i'm going to lunch, that guy(he's helping someone else RIGHT NOW) will help you when he's done"... so i was like(in my head) "wtf do these RESERVATIONS MEAN?!" and i quickly remembered an episode of Seinfeld where he is talking to the car rental lady and hilarious ensues.. ANYWAY i wait ANOTHER 15mins(these minutes add up when you haven't had a phone ALL weekend) just to meet with the coldest person i've ever met. i tried to make some kind of small talk with the guy but he would NEVER talk back.. it was frustrating that after all this waiting he was being a douche. and i can see where people are going to be like "maybe he was having a bad day" but i was like i haven't had a damn phone ALL weekend.. (_ _; ) anyway he tries to charge it and it does exactly what i said it would do and he basically see's how f**ked it is and just pulls out a tiny box holding a new iPhone. i was pretty happy at this moment because i just got a new phone ^_^ but now i have to redo contacts/music/EVERYTHING but that's ok.. and when he was taking out the sim on my new phone he definitely misses the small hole the first time and scratches my silver lining.. THANKS. so i get my new phone and i being getting numbers from my friend..

end of story, and i know it was LONG but i wanted to blog that hoe just so i could let a lil frustration out. *phew

so that's my story, i guess feel free to post your "genius"/store worker encounters if they're interesting(im not saying mine way, but i try to put a little humor in my rants)

and this is the scene i was referencing earliar.. not exactly the same but it's funny XD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJVtURhm62A

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yeah i definitely got a little caught up in my story telling..

maybe if you have kids, you could easily use this as a bed-time story and i'm sure it would QUICKLY put them to sleep.

or print it out and burn it for warmth, provided it is cold in your box on the street.