Insanity Workout Program

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I just purchased this workout program (a bit pricey but my health is worth it). Wondering if anyone else has done this or does it continually. If so, any tips or ideas for me getting started.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I don't understand. What did you buy? P90X? And if so, what tips/info do you want that's not in the workout program?

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
No the workout program is called Insanity. It is similar to P90x but requires no equipment. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

Tips I am looking for are things like:

What diet people did along with the routine that worked/did not work?
What time people found was the best to do the workouts?
etc.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
No the workout program is called Insanity. It is similar to P90x but requires no equipment. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

Tips I am looking for are things like:

What diet people did along with the routine that worked/did not work?
What time people found was the best to do the workouts?
etc.
I'm not positive but I think you can google that. I think I've heard of a diet that goes with that which people were talking about online. Not sure though

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah there are forums online specifically about it. Just thought it would be an interesting conversation to have here with some people who I interact with daily on iTopics.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I hear ya. I have the p90x. It's pretty intense. But don't have a diet plan for it though. I have a f friends that have done both. I'll let you know if they know something more.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I believe the diet really depends on your height and weight. You are better off doing a BMI (body mass index) test and finding out your body fat, muscle mass, etc. percentage and then work from there. Also visiting a nutrition at first really helps, whether you want to lose or put on weight. What works for me is a high protein, low carb diet and I usually work out at around 10 or 11 AM before I go to university. But in the days where I don't have university, I either work out at night (8 - 9 pm) or in the afternoon. I don't really have a fixed time, so to say.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I just purchased this workout program (a bit pricey but my health is worth it). Wondering if anyone else has done this or does it continually. If so, any tips or ideas for me getting started.
I did it and tore my medial left meniscus (left knee). Had to have surgery last year. Insanity.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
My nephews did the p90x one, for like 3 days lol

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Shipped today - guess I will be starting soon - looking forward to having my butt kicked by a DVD

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
A little update for everyone! Finishing week 3 this Saturday. Have been waking up at 5:30am with my fiance to do the workouts. It is definitely Insane. I am blogging daily about it http://abodytransformed.wordpress.com for anyone interested. Hope that's not against forum policy, I make no financial gain from the blog, just like to share my story with people. Anyways - lost 15lbs so far (a lot to do with better diet) and I am definitely starting to get stronger. Here is where I may need some of your help.

I am going to Florida to visit my grandparents Feb 6 to Feb 13 which is the first week of month 2 of the program. My Fiance cannot come so she plans to continue the workouts at home with the DVDs. Since I have an iPad 2 at my disposal, I would love to get the workouts on there in order to do in Florida. I have not ripped DVDs to my iPad in a long time. My understanding is that since i purchased the videos, and will be ripping them to my iPad for my own use and no financial, I am breaking no copyright laws. Can anyone suggest how I can do this in the easiest way?

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
Congratulations on finishing 3 weeks. That company makes some killer workout DVD's. I did P90x for 57 days and it was tough stuff. I'd suspect Insanity is well.. insanity.

As for ripping, as the owner of the DVD's I'd suggest you utilize Handbrake. Select iPad or AppleTV setting and off you go. If you can keep it up while in Florida, there'll be no stopping you when you get back.

Also, Florida in February is nice! It's a nice break from east coast winters.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Congratulations, dude, losing 15lbs is definitely a great achievement. Keep it up and good luck!