Install apps w/o WiFi

anthrax00

Apr 15, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I just Jailbreak my iPod Touch using ZiPhone 2.6. My current version is now 1.1.4 My concern is how can I download apps in my touch. I downloaded WinSCP, but my connection always fail. I do not have WiFi connection. It is still possible to install apps without wireless connection?

Thanks.

Regards,
Dave

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You don't need WinSCP to install apps, but with a Touch, you will need wifi somewhere in order to use the Installer app. Maybe go to Starbucks? :)

snpri3

Bronze
Mar 26, 2008
you can download pretty much any app manually and since you cant use WinSCP then use iPhone PC Suite which lets you SSH with the USB cable, but some apps and games you can only get from the installer unfortunately

Gundam01

Jan 18, 2008
How to install apps?

You don't need WinSCP to install apps, but with a Touch, you will need wifi somewhere in order to use the Installer app. Maybe go to Starbucks? :)
Hi. I just re-unlocked my brand new phone and now I'm trying to install apps into it. The problem is that it can't seem to find a host. Does my phone have to be activated with a working sim card and all? I tried hooking up via wifi but everytime I do, it can't seem to recognize the password eventhough I changed my wireless modem's password twice just so I can hook up to it. Are there apps that I can install just by using the usb cable? Also, where do I get a copy of Spring Board (or is it summer board now) and NES apps? Much obliged...

FrozenOne

Apr 30, 2008
You can use Total Commander using the T-POT plugin to manage the iPhone/iPod touch as a removable usb device.

Gundam01

Jan 18, 2008
You can use Total Commander using the T-POT plugin to manage the iPhone/iPod touch as a removable usb device.
Ummm, what's that? What's a "Total Commander using the T-POT plugin"? Is it a software program? Where do I get it?