installation

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

polaxgr

Sep 18, 2007
Hi guyz , i was sondering how i can install new software into my new iPhone , i got no idea what so ever...where to find and how.. And whats up with the Bluetooth , other ppl with other phones cant send me stuff to me ..

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Go to the forum called iPhone software. There are hundreds of threads that discuss the various hacks that are available. Mind you, they will all void your warranty.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Hi guyz , i was sondering how i can install new software into my new iPhone , i got no idea what so ever...where to find and how.. And whats up with the Bluetooth , other ppl with other phones cant send me stuff to me ..

Yikes, not to sound sarcastic - but it sounds like someone didn't do their homework!

Without hacking the iPhone OS, you can't install ANY software. Hacking is certainly an option, but as stated, you void your warranty. You will also lose any customization you may have done with each subsequent update from Apple - this last one was particularly harsh on some users, causing serious issues with the devices. It also seems that with each update, the people making the hack-ware are having a more and more difficult time breaking into the system. So, short of the controversial use of web-based apps, there's not much else in the way of options.

Blue Tooth? On the iPhone, it's only for telephone conversations. The required serial bluetooth profile is lacking at this point. There is also no A2DP profile, so without a stereo "dongle", you won't be listening to your music wirelessly, either.

These are all well documented issues with this device, so I hope you were aware when you bought it. It's missing some other key features, too - but it's all WELL documented - cut/paste, file management, Flash implementation, just to name some of the biggies. Still, even with these limitations, most of us still love our iPhones. Myself included.

polaxgr

Sep 18, 2007
i ve found I brick :p and everything is cool , one wustion though : ROMs should be placed in /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES/ ... how i do that ? ? :p

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
i ve found I brick :p and everything is cool , one wustion though : ROMs should be placed in /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES/ ... how i do that ? ? :p

Assuming you have SSH installed on the phone and you are on a Mac, you can use a program such as Fugu or CyberDuck to copy the files over to the iPhone. If you are using Windows you will need to use WinSCP to copy over the files.

You will have to get the IP address of your iPhone when connected to a WiFi point and use that. If you are using the 1.1.1 firmware and haven't changed the root password, the username will be 'root' and the password will be 'alpine' without the '.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
if you use the new version of ibrickr you can just hit upload roms under applications... if you installed nes via ibrickr