Installed jailbreakme.com, now what?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 22, 2007
Hey guys, I installed the application from jailbreakme.com and it installed great and in less than a minute. Now i have the installer icon on my menu, now what do I do?

this is my first time doing anything, so i don't know what anytihng in there is? something about install a bds subfiles or something that i need to install first?

Thanks guys!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you are using 1.1.1, open Installer, and find "BSD Subsystem". If not, open Installer, pick whatever you want to install, and, well, install!

Sep 22, 2007
If you are using 1.1.1, open Installer, and find "BSD Subsystem". If not, open Installer, pick whatever you want to install, and, well, install!
alright, i've already done that now! thanks a ton. Now what are some of these programs? I'll list what i don't have a clue what the stuff is:

1) all of the development packages
2) all of the network packages
3) sources packages
4) some of the utilities

Also, what do I need to install to be able to re-arrange the icons?

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Visit the respective websites for each program (listed in installer).

There is a program called rSBT I believe which allows you to rearrange the icons. My problem is that I can't seem to get it to show more than 16 icons, so it hides some I don't want hidden.

I have two and a half pages worth of icons and would love to move some from the second page to the first and some from the first to the second.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
To re-arrange the icons, Install "Customize". Open it up, and find rSBT. Arrange icons as you see fit.

Some packages, like those you listed are more for developers.

Sep 22, 2007
Visit the respective websites for each program (listed in installer).

There is a program called rSBT I believe which allows you to rearrange the icons. My problem is that I can't seem to get it to show more than 16 icons, so it hides some I don't want hidden.

I have two and a half pages worth of icons and would love to move some from the second page to the first and some from the first to the second.
hm, there's no application i can find named rSBT in installer app. not saying your a liar, i myself just can't find it! maybe i'm retarded and missing something.

Sep 22, 2007
I installed customize, opened it, and nothing ever came up. i wrote it off as a non-functioning application. I do have summerboard though, would that maybe cause customize to not work?

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
hm, there's no application i can find named rSBT in installer app. not saying your a liar, i myself just can't find it! maybe i'm retarded and missing something.
Very sorry, this is through iBrickr, not installer. And I can't get customize to work while I have Summerboard on either.

Sep 22, 2007
Very sorry, this is through iBrickr, not installer. And I can't get customize to work while I have Summerboard on either.
Oh wow, i figured out how to get customize to work. go ahead and download and install customize, THEN go into themes (Customize) and download a them, THEN go and open customize and it should work. it works fine for me with summerboard now! Good luck!

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
yeah when you first open customize it crashes about 3 times right after you open it but after those first 3 times the program works great.

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
i also just want to tell you guys that i used jailbreakme.com cause i had to restore my phone and it worked great. got my phone back to the way i had it before i restored and i love it. never had to connect it to my computer, only to get my music back and for my contacts. even because of WinScp i still don't have to connect my phone to my computer.

i love the work people are doing with this phone. everyday there is something new for me to do with my phone to fix and customize it the way i want. keep up all the great work!

exilio

Oct 4, 2007
Hey guys, good responses.

However, I keep running into issues when trying to run many of the programs. They keep crashing -- most of the games do and so does Customize. Any thoughts?

t74supra

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
i did the install and is there a way to use ibrickr or not because idk how to get my ringtones or nes roms on it, what do i use to do ringtones and nes and such