Installer 3.01 Download Problem

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I am currently on 1.1.4 (yeah, I know. Why did I update?) I have been trying to update installer to 3.01 all day. I keep getting, Package Download Failed. I also tried to download BSD Subsystem and got the same error message. I jailbroke my iPhone with the ZPhone method, it worked yesterday but now I can't download anything. I also noticed yesterday that a lot of the Apps were not compatible with 1.1.4...Mark

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I am currently on 1.1.4 (yeah, I know. Why did I update?) I have been trying to update installer to 3.01 all day. I keep getting, Package Download Failed. I also tried to download BSD Subsystem and got the same error message. I jailbroke my iPhone with the ZPhone method, it worked yesterday but now I can't download anything. I also noticed yesterday that a lot of the Apps were not compatible with 1.1.4...Mark
I haven't tried updating installer yet but i had a similar issue last week. I couldnt update or download any app. What I did was updating community sources. It worked

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Hmmm... I updated to 3.01 today (while on Edge) without any problems.
I'm also on 1.1.4
Have you tried turning your iPhone completely off and back on again? I noticed that sometimes this helps when you get messages saying that the package download failed.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
just updated installer without any issue

Lava

Bronze
Feb 25, 2008
Did you clear queue? This may sound stupid, but the first time I used installer and it wasn't installing an app I wanted, then I figured out I had to clear the queue because I had tried to install an app that didn't work.

thimagu82

Mar 15, 2008
i have the same problem.... i installes installer v3.01 and updated to 1.1.4 firm... all works except the packages thats give me an error message. the same problem.... my email is thimagu82@gmail.com

if someone knows to fix the problem please contact me... i apprecciate the colaboration for you guys.

consta

Mar 22, 2008
Did you clear queue? This may sound stupid, but the first time I used installer and it wasn't installing an app I wanted, then I figured out I had to clear the queue because I had tried to install an app that didn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion. When installing Community Sources, be sure to clear the Queue first, otherwise you have the "bad" oktoprep package in the queue and you can't install anything.

After installing the Community Sources, refresh and install oktoprep. All should be OK now.

:cool: