Installer acting up?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I installed Installer via AppTapp and when it opens there arent any sources or programs. And when I click refresh... it gives me an error.

Also, when I try and "unpack" BSD Subsystem... it starts the unpacking process but doesn't STOP! It is supposed to install afterward but it wont stop with the "Unpacking"

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
The list is populated via the intenet. Make sure you are online and not in airplane mode.
Let it sit for a while and it finally worked... now I am having trouble loading BSD Subsystem... it downloads the package... but then it wont stop unpacking it. It seems as it will go forever... let it sit for 20min and still nothing.. Keeps running through the "unpacking package" script. Any thoughts?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Let it sit for a while and it finally worked... now I am having trouble loading BSD Subsystem... it downloads the package... but then it wont stop unpacking it. It seems as it will go forever... let it sit for 20min and still nothing.. Keeps running through the "unpacking package" script. Any thoughts?
Did you already install terminal? Maybe it is looking for terminal.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
BSD Subsystem takes many minutes to Unpack. It goes through the cycle many times. It's normal. Just be patient.

ZenSurfer

Sep 27, 2007
bsd subsystem install script error

BSD Subsystem takes many minutes to Unpack. It goes through the cycle many times. It's normal. Just be patient.
I get a similar error. when i try to install the BSD Subsystem , It downloads ok (i think) then while its going through the "unpacking package" I get the "BSD Subsystem Install Script error" message or thereabouts. I have tried this several times and same result. I used apptap and independence to jailbreak and activate and have upgraded to the latest firmware (1.02) . I know the wifi is working as I have been able to browse the net and watch you tube videos, so its not a connection erroranybody else have the same experience? or more importantly, any workarounds? much appreciated :)

Sep 28, 2007
Same goes for me I can't install BSD Subsystems PLEASE HELP ME SO I DON"T GET RAPPED

I get a similar error. when i try to install the BSD Subsystem , It downloads ok (i think) then while its going through the "unpacking package" I get the "BSD Subsystem Install Script error" message or thereabouts. I have tried this several times and same result. I used apptap and independence to jailbreak and activate and have upgraded to the latest firmware (1.02) . I know the wifi is working as I have been able to browse the net and watch you tube videos, so its not a connection erroranybody else have the same experience? or more importantly, any workarounds? much appreciated :)

I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO DEACTIVATE EDGE, BUT HOW WITHOUT BSD?

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i had the same issuse and ended up canceling after about 15 mins... then used installer to do it again latter... but now it seems that it used up some of my space and i can not get it back... i had 130.5 megs of space before and now i have 106.5 megs... the package is only 6 megs...? whats the rest from... also is there any way to uninstall bsd... i installed with the installer so there is only a reinstall button when i go into uninstall...

lolos

Sep 23, 2007
i had the same issuse and ended up canceling after about 15 mins... then used installer to do it again latter... but now it seems that it used up some of my space and i can not get it back... i had 130.5 megs of space before and now i have 106.5 megs... the package is only 6 megs...? whats the rest from... also is there any way to uninstall bsd... i installed with the installer so there is only a reinstall button when i go into uninstall...
I want to uninstall it as well and don't know how! Please help if you know.

It is really annoying to do a full restore for that :(