Installer after Jailbreak

Vaux

Jan 15, 2009
I jailbroke my iPhone 3G 8GB with quickpwn, and I guess I must have unchecked the Installer box. I pretty much just said ehh it is fine, and have been getting apps with Cydia and xxxxxxxxx. I'm finding that repos on their aren't too full, and I'm having trouble finding apps that are pretty popular.

Is there any way to install Install after jailbreaking my iPhone? Would running quickpwn again make me loose all my apps that I have downloaded?

Thanks for your help!

PS I know Installer is a little outdated, but I would still like to have it since some Dev's only make apps for Installer.

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
How much have you downloaded from Cydia? what is xxxxxxxxx?

Honestly there is nothing on Installer which you cannot get from Cydia. Ive got both and I rarely use Installer...

Vaux

Jan 15, 2009
xxxxxxxxx is just a repo with their own Installer/Cydia like program called xxxxxxxxxx. It is mainly just for games. It can be added by adding the xxxxxxxxx repo to Cydia.

And I've only downloaded two or three things from Cydia/xxxxxxxxx.

I have no problem re-jailbreaking my iPhone if I can keep all my apps (Like the ones I got from the Apple app store)

One certain app I am looking for is Snapture but neither xxxxxxxxx or Cydia has it, but I've seen a bunch of people say it is available on Installer.

Vaux

Jan 15, 2009
I thought this was a relatively simple question, but no responses I guess.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I thought this was a relatively simple question, but no responses I guess.
I had this same question yesterday but I never asked it. I finally decided that Installer just wasn't worth the hassle. Anyone who is still hosting on Installer probably hasn't updated their apps to be compatible with 2.2 anyway.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You can do the jailbreak process again after a restore but the apps and such downloaded will be erased. You can then put Installer on the phone the second time around. I don't really see the point these days as Installer is really a thing of the past.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
In the past the Installer rule the Jailbreak World, but these days you'll be fine using Cydia!

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
xxxxxxxxx is just a repo with their own Installer/Cydia like program called xxxxxxxxxx. It is mainly just for games. It can be added by adding the xxxxxxxxx repo to Cydia.

And I've only downloaded two or three things from Cydia/xxxxxxxxx.

I have no problem re-jailbreaking my iPhone if I can keep all my apps (Like the ones I got from the Apple app store)

One certain app I am looking for is Snapture but neither xxxxxxxxx or Cydia has it, but I've seen a bunch of people say it is available on Installer.

Maybe a silly question, and definitely off topic, but how do you go about adding something to the Cydia repo such as xxxxxxxxx?