installer and AT&T

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alittle0

Sep 9, 2007
Hi-
I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it.
I have AT&T and I'm fine with it. I had installer on my iPhone, but then upgraded to 1.1.1 without reading any of the warnings so I am back to basics.
Do I need to jailbreak (via www.jailbreakme.com ) in order to get installer back on my phone? I'm find with AT&T, so actually jailbreaking isn't something I want. I just want installer and the 3rd party apps.
Thanks for any help.

alittle0

Sep 9, 2007
Hi-
I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it.
I have AT&T and I'm fine with it. I had installer on my iPhone, but then upgraded to 1.1.1 without reading any of the warnings so I am back to basics.
Do I need to jailbreak (via www.jailbreakme.com ) in order to get installer back on my phone? I'm find with AT&T, so actually jailbreaking isn't something I want. I just want installer and the 3rd party apps.
Thanks for any help.
I think I figured it out. I think I've been confusing Jailbreaking with Unlocking. Jailbreaking= 3rd party apps, but not necessarily another network. Unlocking = another network besides ATT.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
That's correct. I would actually recommend to do a restore to the 1.1.1 firmware and then go to jailbreakme.com in safari and jailbreak the phone. When you upgrade the programs are still there but some aren't compatible with 1.1.1 that were with 1.0.2 (summerboard being a big one). It's just easier to start the jailbreaking from a clean slate.

alittle0

Sep 9, 2007
That's correct. I would actually recommend to do a restore to the 1.1.1 firmware and then go to jailbreakme.com in safari and jailbreak the phone. When you upgrade the programs are still there but some aren't compatible with 1.1.1 that were with 1.0.2 (summerboard being a big one). It's just easier to start the jailbreaking from a clean slate.
ok. so, let me just recap (and thanks for the help, by the way). restore my phone, jailbreak it, then once it has been jailbroken, sync my phone again to put back all of my songs, contacts, etc.. Is that right?
Thanks.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Almost right. After you restore your iPhone to the 1.1.1 firmware iTunes will automatically put your music, contacts and calendar back on. Then you can jailbreak it.