Installer and SSH icons

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
Could someone please tell me what the installer and SSH icons are for? Are they part of the unlocking software or are they for something else?
I am worried that if I mess with either of them I will Brick my phone?
Any help would be much appreciated
Neil

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Could someone please tell me what the installer and SSH icons are for? Are they part of the unlocking software or are they for something else?
I am worried that if I mess with either of them I will Brick my phone?
Any help would be much appreciated
Neil
I don't get it, did you get your phone with those icons already in it? If you have Installer and SSH on your phone it means you have a jailbroken phone, but not neccessarily an unlocked one. They are programs that help you mod your phone/add 3rd party apps.

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
I don't get it, did you get your phone with those icons already in it? If you have Installer and SSH on your phone it means you have a jailbroken phone, but not neccessarily an unlocked one. They are programs that help you mod your phone/add 3rd party apps.
I have the UK 1.1.2 iPhone unlocked to any O2 SIM, when it unlocked the 2 icons above were on the icon page, I just wanted to know what they are for and if there is any info out there to show me what they are for.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I have the UK 1.1.2 iPhone unlocked to any O2 SIM, when it unlocked the 2 icons above were on the icon page, I just wanted to know what they are for and if there is any info out there to show me what they are for.
Installer is your gateway to the sources of all the 3rd party apps everyone talks about. SSH allows you to connect to another computer and move files between them. Do a search in the forums, there is a ton of info on these two apps.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I guess I am just stupid then because when I typed in ssh and hit search it came back with nothing:)
You know what it is...ssh is too small to search for. It's only 3 letters long. Search for "secure shell," the full term. I already explained what Installer is, but if you want more info the search option should work on that one.