Installer Applications

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

arom

Oct 16, 2007
I recently bought an unlocked iPhone (1.0.2) and want to change ringtones and maybe add some 3rd party apps. I am a bit confused with how to/what to find and use an app that allows me to do this. I’ve searched several boards but looks like there is a plethora of applications to do this. I contacted the seller of my iPhone and he said he used iBrickr to unlock my phone. I could not find anywhere a “basic” guide for a noob to easily get access to the phone. Also, is it safe now to use iTunes 7.4? Is there any added benefit?

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I recently bought an unlocked iPhone (1.0.2) and want to change ringtones and maybe add some 3rd party apps. I am a bit confused with how to/what to find and use an app that allows me to do this. I’ve searched several boards but looks like there is a plethora of applications to do this. I contacted the seller of my iPhone and he said he used iBrickr to unlock my phone. I could not find anywhere a “basic” guide for a noob to easily get access to the phone. Also, is it safe now to use iTunes 7.4? Is there any added benefit?
If you have Installer.app on you iPhone then just install sendsong from it, it works great in 1.0.2 for making any song on your phone a ringtone.

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
i have a similar question - i do have apptapp and community sources, but how do i install apps using WinSCP?

arom

Oct 16, 2007
So nobody has any insight for a noob? iPhone purchased with no installer app(unlocked with iBrickr by someone else). Searched endlessly for an easy "how-to"?(to get apps and ringtones)

I guess not......

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
So nobody has any insight for a noob? iPhone purchased with no installer app(unlocked with iBrickr by someone else). Searched endlessly for an easy "how-to"?(to get apps and ringtones)

I guess not......
You said you're on 1.0.2 firmware right? If so, do the following:

1. Download the latest version of iBrickr:
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

2. Extract the folder to your desktop and run ibrickr.exe. You should see a screen that says "Ready to customize your iPhone"

3. Click on Applications. You'll be prompted to install a pxl file. Follow the instructions.

4. Once the pxl is installed, you can now browse applications. Select "Installer" from the list. (The most current version on iBrickr is at v2.63). This will place an Installer icon on your iPhone.

arom

Oct 16, 2007
You said you're on 1.0.2 firmware right? If so, do the following:

1. Download the latest version of iBrickr:
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

2. Extract the folder to your desktop and run ibrickr.exe. You should see a screen that says "Ready to customize your iPhone"

3. Click on Applications. You'll be prompted to install a pxl file. Follow the instructions.

4. Once the pxl is installed, you can now browse applications. Select "Installer" from the list. (The most current version on iBrickr is at v2.63). This will place an Installer icon on your iPhone.
OK thanks for the reply,
I am on firmware 1.0.2 and I downloaded iBrickr. Now do I need iTunes launched to use iBrickr? Also I don't know what iBrickr version the seller used to unlock does it matter?... I just don't want to re-do or screw up what has already been done and potentially brick the phone.

I wonder why the installer app was not installed when the person jailbroke the phone to begin with...

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
OK thanks for the reply,
I am on firmware 1.0.2 and I downloaded iBrickr. Now do I need iTunes launched to use iBrickr? Also I don't know what iBrickr version the seller used to unlock does it matter?... I just don't want to re-do or screw up what has already been done and potentially brick the phone.

I wonder why the installer app was not installed when the person jailbroke the phone...
You shouldnt need iTunes launched when using iBrickr. And it's fine to use the latest version of iBrickr. The only way you risk bricking your iPhone is if you upgrade the firmware.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that iBrickr is for Windows only.

mossa

Oct 25, 2007
You shouldnt need iTunes launched when using iBrickr. And it's fine to use the latest version of iBrickr. The only way you risk bricking your iPhone is if you upgrade the firmware.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that iBrickr is for Windows only.
I downloaded ibrick and run it..it only show
Welcome to iBrickr!

iBrickr is the easy way to customize your iPhone.
Please wait while we contact your iPhone. If your iPhone is not plugged in please plug in the USB cable now.

..but there seem to be no communication with my iPhone..what do i do wrong? When i view error report at the bottom right it show
"
ex_findphones_iBrickr version: 0.91s_iPhoneInterfacee_Problem registering main callback: -402653180USBMuxListenerCreate: No errorwhat happen?

arom

Oct 16, 2007
Mossa,

I'm having the same EXACT problem. I tried re-installing the software but when I plug the iPhone in via USB nothing happens. It stays at the opening screen of iBrickr. I know the PC is detecting the phone because I see it as a USB device.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Mossa,

I'm having the same EXACT problem. I tried re-installing the software but when I plug the iPhone in via USB nothing happens. It stays at the opening screen of iBrickr. I know the PC is detecting the phone because I see it as a USB device.
This was posted on iBrick's site: "If you don't sync with iTunes on the computer you're trying to use, you need to open iTunes once with the phone connected before trying to open iBrickr."

So try that and see if it works. Also, try plugging it into different USB ports. And if you're on Vista, run the program as "Admin".

If you still have problems with iBrickr, your other solution is to use WinSCP and manually install the Installer app.