Installer help! "main script execution failed"

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
today Ive tried to download a few programs but every time I try to, installer keeps saying main script execution failed! Any ideas?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
A couple of things you can do, first is clear the queue in installer. If you had a single program that wont completely install it will stay in the queue and every time you try to install something else it will start with the bad install. If that doesn't work, refresh your sources. And finally make sure that you installed the latest community sources showing in Installer.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
I saw quite a few ppl sayng that installing the bsd subsystem did the trick, I also had that problem but only when I tried to install video recorder from mmi source but when I tried to install it from the developer source it worked so I think that the one from mmi had some problems anyway hope this helps and bsd subsystem is a musthave on the iPhone

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I was prompted for an installer update this morning. Maybe that's going to help with the issues.

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
ried everything listed above and nothing is working! I have bsd subsystem, updated installer a day or two ago, have all community sources! Hmm, anything else?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
ried everything listed above and nothing is working! I have bsd subsystem, updated installer a day or two ago, have all community sources! Hmm, anything else?
This happened to me last night, try turning off your iPhone and leave it off for about a minute then turn it back on. It worked for me.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Have you installed Intelliscreen?
Well I got a busy weekend, so I'll tell you in case I don't get back here... I had the same issue you were having, and it had to do with the new Springboard.plist that Intelliscreen installed. It was not allowing stuff to be installed.

I SSH'd into the phone and deleted "/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist" and renamed the "com.apple.SpringBoard.plist.orig.preIntelliscreen " file to the original name. You'll have to reinstall Intelliscreen then, but this worked for me. Perhaps it has something to do with your situation.

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
if you don't have intelliscreen and you still have the problem then i would say you might want to look at you disk space. you might be running low. you could delete one of your apps and then download bosstool. then you can follow the intrucstions that are give on the app to free up some disk space.

Daniel93

May 25, 2008
Solution Rejailbrek but don't use ZiPhone, 3rd jailbreak with ZiPhone will make it stuck on Zorro's screen and you will have to restore...

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
i used ziPhone two days ago on a buddies iPhone and it worked perfectly, again, like it did for mine and many others.

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
ohh well that does suck but it doesn't mean ziPhone bad to use. but if you want to use a secure and reliable you can use pwnage.

Daniel93

May 25, 2008
Not really, I just had a lot of issues with ZiPhone, now I don't.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
go to youtube and watch the videos that talk about this problem