Installer keeps on crashing, help

Jul 9, 2007
Hi all. My Installer can refresh sources BUT when i go to update/install apps, it downloads then afterwards kicks me out to the main default window? My last app that i installed was iPhonehome. It's on my iPhone but won't run at all, just closes. I checked the Installer and it's still shows up under "Install" and not "Uninstall". I can't delete it at all. Can't update any apps, does the same thing, closes to the default screen! Any idea how i can fix this? Please, i DO NOT want to JAILBREAK again. Not fun spending hours redoing everything. Thanks.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
have you tried a simple reboot? Sounds dumb but it works for a lot of thing. I'd that doesn't work, do you have mobile finder installed? You could delete the app through that...

Jul 9, 2007
I did reboot and power off many times, nothing. I tried deleting app from mobile finder, no icon but the iPhonehome name was see there. I can't seem to find any other folder, any idea where?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
the icon that you see for iPhonehome is the program. You can delete that, and the app and icon should be gone...

Jul 9, 2007
Just tried and it won't allow me to delete it, weird. used mobilefinfer, under Finder i highlight "iPhoneHome.app", hit "File" on the lower left hand of the screen, then "Delete", nothing?

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah I had the same problem with the same thing except after about a day or less my phone went to the Apple icon and wouldn't turn on so I had to redo everything and that's what I'm doing right now haha.

iCreep.

Jul 9, 2007
That's what i was afraid of. Not going to do it today. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution in the next few days, fingers crossing!

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Well I wouldn't bother trying it today anyways, I think iBrickr.com isn't working because I've been having a problem with the site all day.

iCreep.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Just tried and it won't allow me to delete it, weird. used mobilefinfer, under Finder i highlight "iPhoneHome.app", hit "File" on the lower left hand of the screen, then "Delete", nothing?
Hopefully someone who knows can help out here, but the last time I had to delete an app, I tried it the way you are doing (which is logical), but I think it was a different sequence to delete. I'd play around with it a little longer before you restore and start over....

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Actually, what I did before is shut my iPhone off for a while until it cooled down then rebooted it and everything worked fine but a little while after that is when I would just continually get the Apple logo when I would try to turn it on.

So I would recommend that and if you can get it working uninstall iPhoneHome, I didn't even think of doing that and that might just be the reason why my iPhone freaked out on me.

iCreep.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Hi all. My Installer can refresh sources BUT when i go to update/install apps, it downloads then afterwards kicks me out to the main default window? My last app that i installed was iPhonehome. It's on my iPhone but won't run at all, just closes. I checked the Installer and it's still shows up under "Install" and not "Uninstall". I can't delete it at all. Can't update any apps, does the same thing, closes to the default screen! Any idea how i can fix this? Please, i DO NOT want to JAILBREAK again. Not fun spending hours redoing everything. Thanks.
hey,

my brother has the same exact problem.
the last app he installed was "isim"
exact prob.. wont open, and his installer doesn't work either..
also it wont let him use the customize app.
when he goes in and hides and moves icons around after he gets out nothing was changed.

im guessing you haven't found a solution yet?

Sep 29, 2007
Only option I found available was a restore. I tried everything when I did it

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Only option I found available was a restore. I tried everything when I did it
booo.
sounds like im in over my head with that..
no idea how to "restore"

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
booo.
sounds like im in over my head with that..
no idea how to "restore"
press and hold the power button and the home button. it'll kick you to a restore screen prompting to connect to iTunes. connect to iTunes, and it'll restore.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
press and hold the power button and the home button. it'll kick you to a restore screen prompting to connect to iTunes. connect to iTunes, and it'll restore.
oh thanks

what effect will this make on the iPhone?
what will be lost?
we are affraid it will brick

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
if it's not unlocked, you'll be fine. it'll be back to "normal" and you'll have to rejailbreak and do all that stuff again. however, run a sync before hand, and you won't lose any personal/vital info.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
if it's not unlocked, you'll be fine. it'll be back to "normal" and you'll have to rejailbreak and do all that stuff again. however, run a sync before hand, and you won't lose any personal/vital info.

ok thanks for the heads up..
the phone was unlocked and was jailbroken but not by us and we have no idea how to jailbreak so i guess he is jsut stuck until he can bring it to someone who knows..

thanks

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
if it was unlocked, do not restore, it'll brick. you need to virginize it first. check out modmyifone.com and look at their wiki's. if you feel brave enough, go at it. it isn't too hard, but you need a little bit of time to commit to it, especially your first time.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
well it doesn't even look that hard when i read it.. but i will have to downgrade it first and there are about 5 guides for different situations.
anyways my bro will never let me attempt it lol

thanks for you help

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
well now i tried to install something with the installer with my phone and it don't work as well..
it will only let me download themes
is this common?