Installer not installing apps

YAKUZA

Jul 22, 2007
I have searched and googled this problem. It started two days ago, installer would download, but when it comes time to "install" it kicks it out to the home screen. I did a springboard reset, did the home/sleep button reset, uninstalled community resource and reinstalled it, but that's just about what will install, nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance for any info on this problem.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I have searched and googled this problem. It started two days ago, installer would download, but when it comes time to "install" it kicks it out to the home screen. I did a springboard reset, did the home/sleep button reset, uninstalled community resource and reinstalled it, but that's just about what will install, nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance for any info on this problem.
You do have BSD Subs installed don't you? ;)

YAKUZA

Jul 22, 2007
yup BSD has been installed. I refreshed sources last night and saw an
"installer" update, but when I hit update, same thing kicks it out to the homescreen. Help! I miss installing new apps and trying new stuff out.

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
I am having the same exact problem also, I have BSD Subsystem install. I just started happen. Been downloading and installing with no problem for months. Anyones help would greatly be appreciated.
thanks

hitme

Apr 6, 2008
im sorry can someone please help me, i have jut bought an iPhone and it came with the installer already installed. but when i try to install any app on it comes with a pop up saying error. and it doesn't even tell me why. can someone please help?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You may be running out of disk space. First uninstall whatever you have installed, and then Install BossTool. Open up BossTool, and relocate your Wallpapers, Fonts,a nd Applications. This will free up disk space.

If this doesn't work, I would try re-jailbreaking.

- John

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Where are you suppose to relocate them.
thanks,

YAKUZA

Jul 22, 2007
Where are you suppose to relocate them.
thanks,
I thing the app moves them automatically to somewhere else. Also after you make room, make sure you clear the queue before you try to install another app. I finally got it working after a few days of messing around with installer, hope that helps.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I thing the app moves them automatically to somewhere else. Also after you make room, make sure you clear the queue before you try to install another app. I finally got it working after a few days of messing around with installer, hope that helps.
Yeah bosstool does just relocate them for you, you do not need to specify where. As for the queue, definently make note of that. If your ever installing something and it bugs out on your, before you can install something else you most likely have to clear the queue.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
if you get an error trying to install something then click install again at the top but this time click clear queue
then refresh sources

lotecorp

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
I have cleared the queue and I sshed into the ipod and deleted a bunch of stuff but the same thing happens. I think the BSD Subsystem might be corrupted for some reason. I do appreciate the suggestions. Thanks for trying.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have cleared the queue and I sshed into the ipod and deleted a bunch of stuff but the same thing happens. I think the BSD Subsystem might be corrupted for some reason. I do appreciate the suggestions. Thanks for trying.
Clear the installer queue and then in the Installs section, go to Sources, and then install Community Sources. For some reason the one included with the installer is old and doesn't work properly. Reboot and you should be good to go