installer on jailbroken iPhone missing apps?

lileek

Nov 8, 2008
hey, i just recently got my iPhone and i decided to jailbreak it today. i found some pretty cool apps on cydia, but i wanted to change themes for my iPhone, so i looked at some sites that instructed me to download openSSH and bsd subsystem from installer.app, so i went ahead and looked for them. i looked for them both and couldn't find them, but i also saw that i hardly had any apps. i downloaded the community source app hoping they would show up after, but only openSSH did. i restored my iPhone and jailbroke it again, but bsd subsystem still did not show up. any help?

also, i'm running my iPhone on 2.2 firmware on a windows if that helps at all.

EDIT: i think there may be something wrong with my version of installer.app because it looks quite different then what it should. it still looked like that even after i restored my iPhone and re-jailbroke it.

lileek

Nov 8, 2008
whoops, i put this in the wrong topic! sorry! :X

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
OpenSSH is in CYDIA and easier to install from there..... it auto-installs the other required stuff

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
my advice stay away from installer. I have done everything through cydia i tried installer once and the first thing i downloaded gave me tons of issues.