Installer Refreshing problems.

H

Hayesimus

So i just downloaded the "all sources" source in installer. And it started refreshing sources and NOW it won't go all the way. It gets to like 2% and then it just chills out there. Won't go any further. I mean is anyone else having this problem? Is there a particular source in the "alll sources" that isn't any good or something?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
You need to go thro and uninstall all the junk sources you don't plan on using. Like the Hispanic ones for expl. This is a pretty common problem if you have tons and tons of sources the refresh tends to hang up.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
So i just downloaded the "all sources" source in installer. And it started refreshing sources and NOW it won't go all the way. It gets to like 2% and then it just chills out there. Won't go any further. I mean is anyone else having this problem? Is there a particular source in the "alll sources" that isn't any good or something?
I'm having the same problem but how do I delete the sources since every time I launch installer it automatically refreshes the sources. Anyway around this?:(

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
installer shouldn't refresh sources every time u launch. Just about once a day or so. So when u get through the initial refresh " make sure not to let the phone fall into sleep mode" then go into sources and start sorting through them.

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
installer shouldn't refresh sources every time u launch. Just about once a day or so. So when u get through the initial refresh " make sure not to let the phone fall into sleep mode" then go into sources and start sorting through them.

thanks, it finally went all the way through and i'm deleting some sources now. any of these untitled sources any good? i'm specifically deleting ones in other langauges exept for ispazio.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
its ben my expierence that if u find an app u want then add the source. Its not very reliable to just add a bunch of sources then randomly download apps from them. Basically all the sources I have on my phone I use. Otherwise what's the point in having them. U can even do a forum serch on good sources and there are several threads dis ussing the must haves so to speak. Anyways good luck, any more questions feel free to ask and it would be greatly appriciated if u could hit the thanks button. :p

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
If you get stuck in a "loop" where it won't refresh all the way and hangs Installer forcing you to restart it, put your phone into Airplane mode and hop back into Installer. It won't refresh this time, and now you can go in and delete the junk sources.

H

Hayesimus

If you get stuck in a "loop" where it won't refresh all the way and hangs Installer forcing you to restart it, put your phone into Airplane mode and hop back into Installer. It won't refresh this time, and now you can go in and delete the junk sources.

i was just about to suggest this. i did this after my original post.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
hell, I do this all the time...

at school, for example, like when I want an app NOW, not in 45 minutes...

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Not entirely OT but, it might be helpful for some.

Last edited by a moderator:

ak.ladha

May 4, 2008
Need Help Asap

its ben my expierence that if u find an app u want then add the source. Its not very reliable to just add a bunch of sources then randomly download apps from them. Basically all the sources I have on my phone I use. Otherwise what's the point in having them. U can even do a forum serch on good sources and there are several threads dis ussing the must haves so to speak. Anyways good luck, any more questions feel free to ask and it would be greatly appriciated if u could hit the thanks button. :p
HI i have iPhone with fw 1.14 and i having a small problem i have a lot of sources and i work fine but when refreshing source the next day is problem that i am having it get 2% and just stops is there that i can stop it from refreshing or is there i can do to fix it so i remove that crap source that i do not need at all some one pls help me

Signed AK

panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
But how can you sort through them?

I only add sources for apps I want to install and use, but my Installer is still full of stuff I'll never use. Example: I downloaded an app for handwriting recognition from a Chinese source (which worked incredibly well as an app, by the way!) but the source package included a whole bunch of other apps in Chinese that are absolutely no use to me. Looking in my Installer, the only way i can see to delete sources is in the Sources section (duh!) but then it will only let me delete entire Categories or sources, not just individual packages for individual apps within a Category. How can I delete packages for individual apps within say the Community Sources? Or within iClarified category or ModMyiPhone.com Category?

I can't see how to "sort through" these. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You cannot. You remove the source and any listed programs on that source remove from your list. I do, as many here have suggested, keep a very few sources up all the time. The rest of the time I go to www.iappcat.com and look for the source for anything I want to install (outside of the programs included in the community sources group of sources). Then once I finish the install I remove the source until I need it again. My refresh is very fast (by Edge standards) doing it this way.

panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
You cannot. You remove the source and any listed programs on that source remove from your list. I do, as many here have suggested, keep a very few sources up all the time. The rest of the time I go to www.iappcat.com and look for the source for anything I want to install (outside of the programs included in the community sources group of sources). Then once I finish the install I remove the source until I need it again. My refresh is very fast (by Edge standards) doing it this way.
Thank you, Griffinaz. I understand and will follow that advice.

Banjo456

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
Not entirely OT but, it might be helpful for some.
I just loaded it up for the first time and it said it had an update should I do it?

BTW im saying I just got done jailbreaking my phone and when I clicked installer it said it had an update 3.1 should I do it

Last edited by a moderator:

panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
I just loaded it up for the first time and it said it had an update should I do it?

BTW im saying I just got done jailbreaking my phone and when I clicked installer it said it had an update 3.1 should I do it
Yes. I'm sure that's only because the actual jailbreak app has still installed the older version of Installer during the jailbreak process. That Installer update is a valuable one.