Installer Updated!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 24, 2007
Apptapp 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

now that i have this update can i update my phone to 1.1.1?

I was running 1.0.2 and updated the installer to 3.0. Then it said 1.1.1 recommended so being naive I updated to 1.1.1 and now installer is gone. So, looks like i'm going to have to wait this one out until they actually release a jailbreak/ apptapp installer for the iPhone. I hope soon. They sure are keeping quiet. Let me know if you guys hear anything.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes.. this is really nice.. im still waiting for apptapp/installer...this is the way that i modded my phone and that is the way that i wantto continue doing it ... i cannot wait for apptapp to update...

this does look cool though..

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
where do i go to dowload it.
how do i install it.
and now why since i have jailbroken my 1.1.1 it only says i have like 54 mb left on my installer and i only have like 3 apps installed

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I was running 1.0.2 and updated the installer to 3.0. Then it said 1.1.1 recommended so being naive I updated to 1.1.1 and now installer is gone. So, looks like i'm going to have to wait this one out until they actually release a jailbreak/ apptapp installer for the iPhone. I hope soon. They sure are keeping quiet. Let me know if you guys hear anything.
They have released one

this was copied from:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...1-1-without-restoring-to-1-0-2-windows.12715/

You can also find alor more info on it in that thread

OK, that's it: the GUI version of touchFree is just too unstable for iPhones.

I've reverted the guide back to the process I've used twice in a row with success:

To be safe start with a freshly restored 1.1.1 iPhone.

Easy 1.1.1 Jailbreak/Installer

(Close iTunes before proceeding!)

1.) Download the following file, and unzip it into a folder:

2.) Place a copy of iTunesMobileDevice.dll into the above folder. If you don't have a copy grab one from here on your PC:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin

Or download it from here:

3.) Visit jailbreak.toc2rta.com on your iPhone. (Do NOT visit that page unless you are jailbreaking!)

4.) In the folder from step 1 run touchFree.exe. Don't worry about the "touch" name, it works. Follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure you reboot twice when instructed.

That's it. When finished you will have Installer on your springboard! (Don't forget to install Community Sources in Installer to see more apps.)

You can now start iTunes.

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 5, 2007
They have released one

this was copied from:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...1-1-without-restoring-to-1-0-2-windows.12715/

You can also find alor more info on it in that thread

OK, that's it: the GUI version of touchFree is just too unstable for iPhones.

I've reverted the guide back to the process I've used twice in a row with success:

To be safe start with a freshly restored 1.1.1 iPhone.

Easy 1.1.1 Jailbreak/Installer

(Close iTunes before proceeding!)

1.) Download the following file, and unzip it into a folder:

2.) Place a copy of iTunesMobileDevice.dll into the above folder. If you don't have a copy grab one from here on your PC:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin

Or download it from here:

3.) Visit jailbreak.toc2rta.com on your iPhone. (Do NOT visit that page unless you are jailbreaking!)

4.) In the folder from step 1 run touchFree.exe. Don't worry about the "touch" name, it works. Follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure you reboot twice when instructed.

That's it. When finished you will have Installer on your springboard! (Don't forget to install Community Sources in Installer to see more apps.)

You can now start iTunes.

--
Mike
Yes we know about the touchfree jailbreak and that it works with the iPhone I was wondering about the new version of app tapp (3.0) that was released today, where can I get that....

Last edited by a moderator: