Installer v3.1 and 1.1.4

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Does anyone using 1.1.4 have Installer v3.1 (the one with the search feature)? If so, is yours working perfectly or are you experiencing the crash when trying to download something or while the sources are refreshing?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'm not experienceing the crash at all. Havnt played with it that much but I've probably added 20 or so apps with the v3.1.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Was your phone automatically 1.1.4, or did you upgrade it from a previous firmware version? If so, what version was that?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I actually just updated from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 last week right before the v3. Came out.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Thanks. What did you use to update to 1.1.4 and did your phone have to be virginized first?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I did not do a full restore as new as I have had some horrible problems with the phone lately and it will actually take me sitting down this weekend for about three or four hrs to fix it all.

I did a full restore from back up then updated to 1.4 then jailbroke with the latest ziPhone and then about two day later updated my installer. This is the incorrect way to restore and update and I'm fully aware of that but I know what I'm doing with and to the phone and just haven't had time to correct it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
So if I did a restore to wipe everything clean with iTunes and upgrade to 1.1.4, and then jailbreak it with ZiPhone, that is the wrong path to take?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Ok if u do a restore to update to 1.4 it need to be a full restore as New in iTunes. Not restore from back up. Then jailbreak with ziPhone. I stress that u read read read before doing this tho because when u restore as new it will wipe the phone clean! So u need to have everything on the phone such as contacts backed up first on outlook express or something. If u restore from back up to 1.4 with out setting up as new you stand to have lots of little probs afterwards.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Okay. That's what I planned to do all along. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to do any type of virginizing first. I don't even know how to do that. Does the term "virginize" mean to upgrade it with iTunes where it wipes everything out?

I have all my contacts and bookmarks and things backed up on iTunes, and I was just going to upgrade to 1.1.4, which would make it like a phone bought from the store without Installer or anything. Then, I was going to use ZiPhone to put installer on it and go from there. That's what you're saying I should do, right?

Why didn't you do that? Is your phone unlocked or something?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Lets just say I hacked my phone to death almost. LOL. Ok my best tip for u is to read the sticky thread titled ( ziPhone question? Look here first) its the most up to date and informative tutorial on The forum for your exzact situation. I Believe its posted at the top of the mods forum.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
your very welcome! Good luck!