Installer Will Not Work After Update!

johnwehbe

Jan 21, 2008
i updated my installer and now it doesn't work anymore it opens a white screen then closes straight away. also some apps are missing (iphysics,wallpaper). help anyone?

Zed

Oct 16, 2007
My installer gets stuck in the middle of trying to refresh its sources. My guess is one of the source URL's may be dead.

Anybody know a way to fix this? please?

KyDuckman

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Is there still problems with this? I have been hesitant to update because I was seeing everyone saying there were having problems.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Did you upgrade from 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? I have read that going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 could bring about some problems.

Zed

Oct 16, 2007
I just fixed my installer. I used ibrickr to reinstall the installer on my iPhone and my installer is now working again. :cool:

JoeRay

Jan 25, 2008
If it gets stuck refreshing sources try restarting and disconnecting from any wifi connections and use edge then let it refresh again. It worked for me so why not give it a shot?

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
I just fixed my installer. I used ibrickr to reinstall the installer on my iPhone and my installer is now working again. :cool:

hey Zed,

i had the same prob after i updated installer.. i then used winSCP to remove the installer folder. i see you used ibrickr to reinstall installer. can you please advise me on to where i can find the installer file so i can reinstall aswell.

thank you in advance

Zed

Oct 16, 2007
hey Zed,

i had the same prob after i updated installer.. i then used winSCP to remove the installer folder. i see you used ibrickr to reinstall installer. can you please advise me on to where i can find the installer file so i can reinstall aswell.

thank you in advance
This is where I downloaded my ibrickr.

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

There should already be an installer app in the list of applications with it.

Hope this helps.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
This is where I downloaded my ibrickr.

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

There should already be an installer app in the list of applications with it.

Hope this helps.
hey,

thanks for your reply i appreciate it..

so i dl ibrickr and i got to this part

"Install complete
Your application has been sent to the PXL daemon on your iPhone. Please allow up to 30 seconds for the install to finish - your phone will soft-restart when it's complete".

but the phone doesn't soft-reset and there is no installer application tobe found :(

Zed

Oct 16, 2007
hey,

thanks for your reply i appreciate it..

so i dl ibrickr and i got to this part

"Install complete
Your application has been sent to the PXL daemon on your iPhone. Please allow up to 30 seconds for the install to finish - your phone will soft-restart when it's complete".

but the phone doesn't soft-reset and there is no installer application tobe found :(
You're very welcome.

But that's odd. :confused:

Mine did the soft reboot on its own as ibrickr claimed it would. Try and turn your iPhone off and on and resintall the app using ibrickr and let it overwrite the app.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
You're very welcome.

But that's odd. :confused:

Mine did the soft reboot on its own as ibrickr claimed it would. Try and turn your iPhone off and on and resintall the app using ibrickr and let it overwrite the app.
man, i wish mine cooperated with me.
im on 1.1.2 not sure if that has anything to do with it..
what a total drag

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
does anyone know about another way to get installer back on my iPhone?

mabe someone has a zip file they can post?