Installing 3rd party apps on iPhone WITHOUT WiFi?

Sell224

Jul 5, 2007
So I felt completely lost in this whole iPhone modding area.. but finally I found a good (yet extremely complicated.. holy crap haha, hackers need to simplify the steps it takes to hack the phone) modding 101 thing on modmyiPhone.com.

I got a ringtone (woo) and I have already jailbreaked my iPhone (whatever that means.. I did it.)

Now I am trying to do third party apps. I am using this tutorial:

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_3rd_Party_apps_on_iphone_Windows

And I can follow instructions, its not very hard, but I come to a problem. It tells me to locate the IP address for my Wifi connection. Uhh.. I don't have a wifi connection in my room. I have a wired connection to my desktop, but no wifi connection.

What am I supposed to do? I don't even see how wifi on my iPhone comes into play when I am just trying to move something from the computer to the phone. Why does my phone need internet?

AHH! Please help!

r00t4rd3d

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
it doesn't need internet , it needs a network ip.

you cant get to the ports you need threw edge network

Sell224

Jul 5, 2007
it doesn't need internet , it needs a network ip.

you cant get to the ports you need threw edge network
so then what should I put in if I don't have an IP to give it? My own computer IP?

robtob

Jul 17, 2007
so then what should I put in if I don't have an IP to give it? My own computer IP?

Pretty sure you need a wireless network (w/ or w/o internet) for what you are describing to work.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
Use a friends internet connection one time, install the Terminal.app, ssh to it and chmod +x the application, now whenever you install another app, just load up the Terminal.app on your iPhone, browser to that directory of the new app, and chmod +x the application....now you have your 2nd 3rd party app up and running without the need of wifi. If you not sure of ssh and chmod +x...read up on it, its described in almost every 3rd Party app thread.

Jul 19, 2007
So I felt completely lost in this whole iPhone modding area.. but finally I found a good (yet extremely complicated.. holy crap haha, hackers need to simplify the steps it takes to hack the phone) modding 101 thing on modmyiPhone.com.

I got a ringtone (woo) and I have already jailbreaked my iPhone (whatever that means.. I did it.)

Now I am trying to do third party apps. I am using this tutorial:

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_3rd_Party_apps_on_iphone_Windows

And I can follow instructions, its not very hard, but I come to a problem. It tells me to locate the IP address for my Wifi connection. Uhh.. I don't have a wifi connection in my room. I have a wired connection to my desktop, but no wifi connection.

What am I supposed to do? I don't even see how wifi on my iPhone comes into play when I am just trying to move something from the computer to the phone. Why does my phone need internet?

AHH! Please help!
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

you can use this program to install apps.