Installing apps on a jailbroken iPhone

slayer666

Bronze
Aug 13, 2009
Is it easy to install apps on a jailbroken iPhone. What steps does it require? Also what is the best site to go to for free apps and games and to jailbreak your phone. Also what steps are there to apply message tones? Thanks for any help.

Cheers Joe

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes, it's easy to do. After jailbreaking, an icon for Cydia will appear. You open it and choose the apps and message tones you want to download and install.

Discussing cracked apps is a voilation of forum policy.

slayer666

Bronze
Aug 13, 2009
Does the Cydia icon go on your computer and u install everything via iTunes or does the icon come up on your phone and is it easy to jailbreak Ver.3.0.1

Cheers Joe

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
The icon goes on your iPhone only. If you're tech savvy you may be able to download a free (i.e freeware) app and port it over to your iPhone via SSH. There would be no way to do it via iTunes (at least that I'm aware of). In order to jail break your phone you just need to download the free software and there are many sites that have this software available. Do NOT pay for the software. Some sites try and get money out of you if you are unfamiliar with jail breaking. When you do jail break, make sure you uncheck ICY. That is another means of obtaining APPS but from what I hear it does not co-exist well with Cydia. Cydia will have everything you need a far as ringtones, apps etc. Installing ringtones is a snap. Just download it and it will go to the correct directory and you'll see it when you go into your sound settings.

Jul 8, 2009
Is it easy to install apps on a jailbroken iPhone. What steps does it require? Also what is the best site to go to for free apps and games and to jailbreak your phone. Also what steps are there to apply message tones? Thanks for any help.

Cheers Joe
my jailbroken iPhone work with pc suite, and pc suite just for jailbroken iPhone, it's amzing you can check pandaapp.com free apps are everywhere