Installing AppSnapp on 1.1.1 help please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
hey guys i don't know how long this is suppose to take but i went to the website as it says in the apptap site and "install AppSnapp" well it says it could take up to 5 mins but what happens if it takes longer. i think its going on 10 mins already and it is the second time ive done it already. any advice please

Thanks

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i've been trying this multiple times all day, and i haven't gotten it to work either. Maybe something is messed up on the server.

if anyone could suggest an alternate jailbreak solution, we would be grateful.

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
hey "acosmichippo"...is that your background for your iPhone that you have as your avatar? If so, Its soo HOT where and how did you get that?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hey "acosmichippo"...is that your background for your iPhone that you have as your avatar? If so, Its soo HOT where and how did you get that?

hehe... it WAS my springboard... until i decided to upgrade to 1.1.2... now i'm having trouble installing apptapp, and, thus, any other modding applications.

i put a bunch of backgrounds up in the big wallpaper thread in the wallpaper section, or if you just want that one specifically, it can be found in this thread:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/plainjaindim-my-new-favorite-summerboard-theme.12270/

by the way, i had nothing to do with its creation... it is an album cover by a Band "Porcupine Tree". I just cropped it into a wallpaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
Ok, cool thanks! I recently bought my iPhone and i was trying to install apptap on it, but it froze during the install process and i had to restore my settings. Can you help me with this apptap process and where i could find a good DL for it?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Ok, cool thanks! I recently bought my iPhone and i was trying to install apptap on it, but it froze during the install process and i had to restore my settings. Can you help me with this apptap process and where i could find a good DL for it?
that is exactly the problem i'm running into.

none of the accepted methods are working (for me, at least). If i come up with anything i'll post it here.

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
damn this really blows...Im searching desperately to get this info...right now im trying to install appsnap through the phone directly...Jailbreakme.com and it seems to be taking some time. tryin to see if i upload this to my phone maybe the 3rd party apps will work easier. =( we shall wait and see.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Since jailbreakme.com is acting up, have you tried this alternative method (please do not click on this link from your iPhone unless you intend to jailbreak your 1.1.1 phone):
http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb

After you visit the site, Safari will crash and about 30 seconds later, the iPhone will reboot automatically. You will then have a device with Installer.app and SSH installed.

Note: If you already visited jailbreakme.com before, you must restore back to 1.1.1 before trying the slovix.com method.

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
Since jailbreakme.com is acting up, have you tried this alternative method (please do not click on this link from your iPhone unless you intend to jailbreak your 1.1.1 phone):

After you visit the site, Safari will crash and about 30 seconds later, the iPhone will reboot automatically. You will then have a device with Installer.app and SSH installed.

Note: If you already visited jailbreakme.com before, you must restore back to 1.1.1 before trying the slovix.com method.
ok i currently have 1.1.2 - will this not allow me to upload any of these 3rd party programs? I.e.: jailbreak, apptap, appsnap..and now your suggestion?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ok i currently have 1.1.2 - will this not allow me to upload any of these 3rd party programs? I.e.: jailbreak, apptap, appsnap..and now your suggestion?
no, you must "prep" your phone in firmware version 1.1.1 (download and run "oktoprep" in the installer) before you will be able to jailbreak 1.1.2.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

i did this earlier today once, but i will double-check right now.

standby for results...

EDIT-

this is going to take longer to downgrade than i thought...

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
no, you must "prep" your phone in firmware version 1.1.1 (download and run "oktoprep" in the installer) before you will be able to jailbreak 1.1.2.
Im sorry but this whole jailbreak 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 craziness is driving me MAD! I just tried to do the downgrade and my whole Sh*T got messed up AGAIN and i had to restore back to my original settings...(Still in the process of doing this). I don't understand why these freaking upgrades / downgrades don't want to work for me. by no means am I computer illiterate but for some reason I keep hitting walls with this. FRUSTRATING!:mad:

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
quick question is this jailbreak program like apptap or is it something that will allow you to install apptap? Im just to figure out what the difference is...

BTW, i checked out that Modmyifone forum...so far seems easily explained. Thanks!

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
the jailbreak program installs apptapp... or, now, appsnapp.
i FINALLY got the jailbreak 1.1.2 to work. :laugh2:...now im just fussin around with the different installs and what not. Its pretty cool, but how can i change the themes to the ones ive downloaded and what not? And if i wanted to add differnet themes is there a way to do this

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
ok i got the solution at leat it worked for me.

Here is what i did...

1.Go into Settings.
2.Go to Safari.
3.Go to the bottom and you'll see "Clear History, Clear Cookies. Clear Cache" you will want to clear all 3 of those and then restart you iPhone.
4.Go to jailbreakme.com and you know what to do from there.

Good luck.

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
you need to download sumerboard. it will allow you to change themes and backgrounds and whatnot very easily.

congrats, btw.

I DL the summerboard app...the 3.0 version. Its not changing the themes though, I select the theme that i want and go back to the main screen then its seems like its going to change with the whole loading icon then it makes me unlock the phone like it does everytime you install something, but when i go back to the main screen - It stays unchanged....I don't get it? COuld it be the version that i have SMB 3.0? I saw that there is an older version available for dl too? Will this thing ever work properly:(