Installing third party apps

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Will installing third party apps void my contract? Also if it does will doing a full restore make it look like I never installed the apps? Does 1.1.2 make it harder to install these apps? Also how do I install these apps?

Sorry for all the noob questions.

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
third party apps wont void your contract with your service provider if thats wht your asking
yes doing a full restore basically whipes everything off the phone, except if you unlocked your phone with anySim. (the unlock stayed intact with me)
any new iteration of firmware will make jailbreaking harder but once you jailbreak apps are simple
since you appear to be on 1.1.2, search on these forums for the way to jailbreak..... sry i don't have a link for you :( but i kno its on here

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15310&highlight=1.1.2+activation

third party apps wont void your contract with your service provider if thats wht your asking
yes doing a full restore basically whipes everything off the phone, except if you unlocked your phone with anySim. (the unlock stayed intact with me)
any new iteration of firmware will make jailbreaking harder but once you jailbreak apps are simple
since you appear to be on 1.1.2, search on these forums for the way to jailbreak..... sry i don't have a link for you :( but i kno its on here