Insten Cradle issues with iPhone

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Has anyone every seen anything like this with the iPhone...I bought an Insten iPod cradle with remote so I could play the iPhone through the stereo. I knew it was a risk because it didn't say "Works with iPhone," but I thought the risk was that it might just buzz or something. But when I plug my iPhone into it, the remote works fine, so I know it's connected well, but the music still plays out of the iPhone speaker (and doesn't get diverted to the stereo). I'm anxious to try it with a regular iPod, but haven't been able to yet. Any thoughts? Thanks.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Has anyone every seen anything like this with the iPhone...I bought an Insten iPod cradle with remote so I could play the iPhone through the stereo. I knew it was a risk because it didn't say "Works with iPhone," but I thought the risk was that it might just buzz or something. But when I plug my iPhone into it, the remote works fine, so I know it's connected well, but the music still plays out of the iPhone speaker (and doesn't get diverted to the stereo). I'm anxious to try it with a regular iPod, but haven't been able to yet. Any thoughts? Thanks.
That is the reason that it does not say iPhone compatible, because it is for an iPod. Even the charger is not good for the iPhone battery, because iPhone requires 5V.:eek: